• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [5e] Feats, what gives?

mflayermonk

First Post
I'm not saying every person chooses no feats for the same reason. I'm just saying that commonly the reasons given are superfluous or are made to repel certain play styles or people. This can be said for more than just feats of course could also be UA etc.

So is this about feats or is it about a certain few feats, such as Sharpshooter?

Uchawi

First Post
Yes and were saying that people make their games a certain way to repel those "problems". Which in itself kinda toxic in its own way.
Depending on the edition your prefer, how you treat feats will be different. Depending on how the game is designed will also influence how easy it is to remove them. For example, I like 4E, which is based on building up classes in layers using a symmetric design. So adding or removing feats is easy because it is just another layer. When you consider a game like 3E, removing feats is not equal across classes because of the asymmetrical design. Or you could from a game that never had feats like 1e, where you don't care about feats at all. 5E can't be everything to everyone. So you have to understand these preferences when you have a diverse group of players at the table.

Remove ads