D&D 5E [5E] Feedback Rogue/Warlock/Monk/Fighter build?

Souleater

First Post
I got winged boots in my first session with this character. I'm hoping to do as much as I can via stealth and persuasion. Combat if necessary, and hopefully on my terms (Initiating surprises and getting the jump on enemies with help from my winged boots). In regular rounds, I'd hex or darkness my enemies, using my devil's sight to see through it to gain advantages on attacks and give disadvantage to my enemies. Let me know what you think!

Race: Human Variant with Sentinel feat.
vxIVBr6.png

Last edited:

WarpedAcorn

First Post
I feel like you are a Fighting Game character. =)

You're getting the 2nd Attack late in the game, but the Monk's Flurry and Sneak Attacks compensates a bit for that. Warlock's Eldritch Blast scales, so you have a solid ranged game and excellent manueverability to put yourself in a good position on the battlefield. I might suggest trying to find a way to get the Mobile feat.

Overall you seem to have a very good generalist character that should be able to handle most situations. What are the other characters you're playing with? Do you feel this character compliments those characters or is more of a "lone wolf" type of player?

Souleater

First Post
Wow! You have very good intuition. I used to play a LOT of fighting games competitively!

I'm playing in adventure league (played first time last weekend), so other players won't be regulars. I'm hoping to be able to do a lot of recon and intelligence gathering so that the party can have enough information to decide what to do next. I just don't want him to be gimped in combat either. Should I switch sacrifice ability score improvement for second attack earlier?

Souleater

First Post
Two weapon fighting gives 1d8+DEX and another 1d8+DEX and +1 AC. What should I get instead of this? :) If I use a quarterstaff to attack, I won't be able to apply sneak attack as it requires a finesse or ranged weapon.

Last edited:

mellored

Legend
Two weapon fighting gives 1d8+DEX and another 1d8+DEX and +1 AC. What should I get instead of this? :) If I use a quarterstaff to attack, I won't be able to apply sneak attack as it requires a finesse or ranged weapon.
Fair point.

But still, i would take +2 dex over the dual wielding feat.

+1 damage/ AC / to-hit / inititive / saves / stealth
vs
+1 damage/ AC / +1 damage on crits.

Once your reach 20 dex, then dual wielding makes a bit more sense.

quarterstaff are non finesse and so not usable for SA. And monk offhand too.

I think you should scrap the monk as cool as it is and be rogue warlock fighter.
Or take only two levels of warlock for devil's sight and maybe even scrap wldritch blast.
As a rogue you may be better served with a bow.

I think you try to do too much at once and have too many redundand features. Concentrate on fewer classes and try to really be ready to be a hero at level 5. And a real badass at 8 and then 11. Way of the shadow monk really becomes cool at level 6.
So my ideal progression would be:
rogue 3, monk 5 then another monk level and 2 warlock levels then. Take expeditious retreat if possible.
You may take the levels in different order. Even rogue 1, monk 5, warlock 2 rogue monk is possible.
Monk 6 and rogue have a bit of overlap since your bonus action can only be used for either shadow step or cunning action.

Souleater

First Post
Can you guys give a comparison at what other class's damage per turn should be like at level 10?

On a regular turn I'd be able to:

Attack: Attack(1d8)+SneakAttack(1d6)+Hex(1d6)+(Dex 3)
ExtraAttack: ExtraAttack(1d8)+Hex(1d6)+(Dex 3)
Offhand (if applicable): OffhandAttack(1d8)+Hex(1d6)
Total: 3d8+4d6+6

With hopefully another reaction attack with sentinel. If I didn't have hex, I could concentrate on darkness to have advantage on attacks/disadvantage being attacked. If I had a variant imp/pseudodragon/pixie within 10 feet, I would also have magic resistance.

Last edited:

Remove ads