D&D 5E 5e Fighter/ Paladin Build

HugaKobold

First Post
I'm just wondering when should I start multiclassing into paladin from fighter. My character is a high elf battlemaster with crossbow expert and sharpshooter, my DM has allowed ranged smites so at first I was thinking of Fighter 11/ Paladin 9 since I get 4 attacks per turn or I can go Fighter 9/ paladin 11 to gain access to the Improved Smite for paladin. But I think a second opinion would be best.

Chryssis

Explorer
personally I wouldn't go past 6 paladin or 7 if you want the class feature (vengence is good for mobility if you get AoA) and go to 5 fighter for 2nd attack then do your paladin before going back and finishing up fighter.

CTurbo

Explorer
I’m currently at level 6 fighter

A purely ranged Paladin is weird, but doable. I'd go Fighter 6/Ancients Paladin 14 so you get your 4th level Paladin spell which most of them are great, but Find Greater Steed is best for you.

Fighter 6/Paladin 14 gets you Cleansing Touch which is a good feature, and an extra 5hp for your Lay On Hands.
Fighter 7/Paladin 13 gets you two more maneuvers, one more superiority die, and an extra 1hp on your second wind.

That's the difference so decide which you'd prefer.

I chose Ancients because since you are going to stay ranged, you're likely to get targeted by attack spells more regularly so the Aura of Warding will come in handy.

You may want to consider Res(Dex) to shore up a weakness.

Remove ads