• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e gestalt builds

I love the idea of a Moon Druid/Warlock who becomes a bear (or octopus) that shoots laser beams out of its eyes! Unfortunately though it doesn't work--Archdruids get to cast druid spells without components, not all spells.

Moon Druid/Sun Soul Monk would be the combo you are looking for, as Radiant Sun Burst uses the Attack action. Plus, you would get the Monk's Unarmored Defense while Wildshaped.

Nathan Mitchell

First Post
I made two gestalt characters to play as antagonists in a game I am GMing and they are sick. One of them is a Paladin (Oathbreaker) 12/Warlock (Pact of the Chain, Hexblade) 8//Sorcerer (Stone Sorcery) 20 and the other is a Rogue (Arcane Trickster) 14/Monk (Way of Shadow) 6//Wizard (Necromancer) 20. They are both extremely viable combatants in melee but they excel at summoning :):):):) tons of undead and buffing them all with the auras from the Paladin. This made for a climactic final battle to say the least, especially since the party were only level 14 when they faced them.

The party they faced were all gestalt builds too though. There was a Ranger (Beast Conclave)//Monk (Way of the Open Hand) that used his Animal Companion as a mount, a Fighter (Battlemaster)//Bard (College of Lore) with Polearm Master, a Rogue (Arcane Trickster)//Wizard (Bladesinger). The party were incredibly good at identifying the path of least resistance, especially when I hadn't thought of it before. I was especially impressed by the Ranger//Monk, he was a Kobold and chose a Wolf companion so they both have Pack Tactics and therefore gave themselves advantage all the time. Also, it was hilarious to try describe a Kobold using Flurry of Blows while riding a Wolf.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads