D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy (Recruiting/OOC)

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Dariana Stoneleaf
Wood Elf 0
Outlander AL CG
Str 11 Dex 14 Con 12 Int 10 Wis 14 Cha 8

[sblock=Background]
Early Life
Dariana was born to a family of nomadic wood elves. They traveled as a company throughout the nations, trading their skills for supplies and not staying places long enough to wear out their welcome. While they were encamped in the Goliath nation, a savage band of orcs slaughtered the entire company save her. A few years old, asleep in a tent, she was overlooked. A band of goliaths drove off the orcs and a shieldmaiden among them found Dariana. Dariana was raised by the goliath village, but didn’t exactly fit in. Physically mature, she left the tribe at the age of 17 to try to find her people.
She spent a great deal of time alone. Over 30 years of wandering the world, she learned much. She developed a deep appreciation for nature and its dangers and wonders. She learned herself and how she works, both physically and mentally and the way everything is connected.
Eventually she spent some time with a wood elf, Theriss, she met, and learned a bit about elf culture.
Theriss, was a well respected ranger, and seeing her potential sponsored her to go to the academy.
[/sblock]
dariana.jpg
[sblock=”Appearance & Personality”]
Traits: Dariana’s eyes are always shifting, looking away to what else is around.
She talks over people, not quite letting them finish their words.
Ideal: Balance and oneness between nature and myself is the ultimate goal.
Bond: The descendants of the Goliath village would bring a smile to her face, and she would help them out if they needed it.
Flaw: She is very impulsive, and used to having her own way.

Hair: Silvery Purple
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Pale
Height: 5’2”
Weight: 105 lbs
Description:
Dariana is a young female elf, quite disheveled looking, and seems very uncomfortable and of putting in social settings.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Wood Elf 0
Outlander AL CG
Str 11 (+0) Dex 14 (+2) Con 12 (+1)
Int 10 (+0) Wis 14 (+2) Cha 8 (-1)

SKILLS
Acrobatics +2
Animal Handling +2
Arcana +0
Athletics +1
Deception -1
History +0
Insight +2
Intimidation -1
Investigation +0
Medicine +2
Nature +0
Perception +3
Performance -1
Persuasion -1
Religion +0
Sleight of Hand +2
Stealth +2
Survival +3

PROFICIENCIES
Armor: None
Weapons: longsword, shortsword, shortbow, longbow
Tools: Flute
Languages: Common, Elven, Goliath

COMBAT
Init: +2
AC: 12
HP: 2/2
Hit Dice: 1d6
Speed 35
Size Medium
Passive perception 13
SAVING THROWS
STR +0 DEX +2 CON +2 INT +0 [BWIS[/B] +2 CHA -1
Attacks

FEATURES
Race: Wood Elf
Darkvision 60ft.
Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
Trance. Elves don’t need to sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining sem iconscious, for 4 hours a day. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours of sleep.
Mask of the Wild. You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena.
Background (Outlander) Feature : Wanderer
You have an excellent memory for maps and geography,and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.

EQUIPMENT
Staff
Hunting trap
Animal trophy
Traveler’s clothes
Belt pouch
Money: 10 gp.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Those are wonderful. I hope we get some more interest, but to be honest, with the type of game this is, the focus being the training each person goes through and the trouble they can get in, I wouldn't mind starting with as few as 2 people. Even only 1, if that's all that is interested. I'd pretty much let any who want to jump in whenever they want, up to maybe six players. After that, it gets a little hard to keep up with. It would be interesting i we got enough people to have multiple threads going at once. It'd be like two different rival cliques at the same school.

I still have a lot of work to do on the school itself. I want to create much of it, so that it feels real and there are actually places to go and things to do, rather than just making it up as I go, which is my usual MO.

Just to let you know my expectations with this game, I expect it to be heavy role play. Combat will play a part, but more like "Encounters" than "Combat". The characters will go through lessons, learning whatever it is they are studying, and many of these they'll have to...ahem...survive. But I hope to have it be more than just "Kill the monster at the other end of the room". You're training to be heroes. You'll have to use your wits, your skills, your strength and your charm to get through it all.

tglassy

Adventurer
Oh yes, Feats. I would like to reserve feats as rewards. So, no Variant Human, and no taking Feats instead of ASI's. As your character studies, if they learn something at certain points, and I believe they deserve a Feat, I'll grant one. Everyone will likely get at least one fairly early, but not necessarily. Everything is contingent on the roll of the dice.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Oh yes, Feats. I would like to reserve feats as rewards. So, no Variant Human, and no taking Feats instead of ASI's. As your character studies, if they learn something at certain points, and I believe they deserve a Feat, I'll grant one. Everyone will likely get at least one fairly early, but not necessarily. Everything is contingent on the roll of the dice.

That's kind of cool. I actually like that :) Though that will power us up, too LOL

tglassy

Adventurer
Update, I've worked out the Martial School's entrance exam, now I need to work out the Arcane, Divine, Nature and Skill Schools' exams. And I need a better name for the Skill school. And I want to see if we get anymore interest, so stay tuned!

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Remove ads