• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5E PHB heading back into the Amazon top 100?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The overall amazon sales rank for the PHB has been climbing in recent weeks. Last week it was about 130, now it is around 120. A few weeks back it was around 220.

I thinks its price has been cut again, so that may be part of it. But clearly the game still has some momentum going for it. D&D is also dominating overall fantasy gaming again, so take that Zelda!

Capture.JPG

Awesome Adam

First Post
People love a bargain. I had ZERO intention of shelling out $150 to play D&D 5th until I saw all 3 core books for $25 each.

The price fluxuates, but it has been hovering under $30 for the last year, and every member of my gaming group has picked up a copy of the PHB siting the $20 savings as a great deal.

Heck, 3 of us have all the core books and adventure paths, and only I intended on Game Mastering.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
The overall amazon sales rank for the PHB has been climbing in recent weeks. Last week it was about 130, now it is around 120. A few weeks back it was around 220.

I thinks its price has been cut again, so that may be part of it. But clearly the game still has some momentum going for it. D&D is also dominating overall fantasy gaming again, so take that Zelda!

Well, it was just the Christmas season. Couple an effort to sell off inventory (it's corporate tax time) via a price-drop with the holiday spirit, and you've got a recipe for increased sales. I'd be genuinely surprised if this holds up into the future, though.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer
Have the core rulebooks been in the top five for Fantasy Gaming the entire time they have been released? Admirable showing for D&D if nothing else.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Have the core rulebooks been in the top five for Fantasy Gaming the entire time they have been released? Admirable showing for D&D if nothing else.

Just about. For example, in a month or so valentines day will cause something related to pop up and then it will fall back down again. If a scrabble related book or something like that is released then it will get in their for a bit.

But no other RPG competition or really genre competition. Zelda has hung around this whole time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads