• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5E PHB on Amazon $30 Pre-Order

Nemio

First Post
Can anyone explain me how Amazon can offer these things for such a low price and still make a profit?
It means they're buying it for even less from Wotc who are then losing money in turn?

Blackbrrd

First Post
Can anyone explain me how Amazon can offer these things for such a low price and still make a profit?
It means they're buying it for even less from Wotc who are then losing money in turn?
The printing cost of the book is maybe 7$, so nobody is losing money here. It's not like the PS3 where the components cost more than what they sold the product for.

wwanno

First Post
I ordered the phb and first adventure on Amazon.it, nearly 60€ (if i had bought them on amazon.de I could pay a little less but I had to pay for shipping and learn german to read their emails).
Now, I search those two items on Amazon.it to see price changes and, SURPRISE, they are not available for preorder anymore.

I sent an email to Amazon.it and they told me my preorder won't be deleted.

reiella

Explorer

Mostly as Amazon doesn't have to pay for retail space or for retail employees. The book pricing model lends itself towards some avenues being able to provide deep discounts.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads