• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

5E Psionic Warrior (experiment); Companion to Psionicist

Khaalis

Adventurer
I have just uploaded 5E Psionic Warrior (experiment); Companion to Psionicist to the downloads area.

This class is my interpretation of a Psionic Warrior companion to the Psionicist class for 5E. It is meant to be a "quick and dirty" conversion until such time as the official psionics subsystem is released by WotC. This is my experiment in re-skinning and utilizing the existing 5E D&D rules mechanics from the PHB to make a different class concept with a little bit of new or reinterpretted features based on the core. As with the psionicist, this allows for quick access to a psionic archetype without having to create an entirely new system that will be a wasted effort once WotC releases their version. It should also make it much simpler to add to the standard character selection options since there is really not very much that is "new" other than the power points psionic focus. In effect, the class is another hybrid warrior/caster class and built on the Paladin chasis and still uses the existing spell system.

You can find the file here in the downloads section. Please use this thread for comments.

Last edited:

Khaalis

Adventurer
You offering a playtest? I'd like to see it as well. From the few minor simulations I did, I think they should be pretty on par. I think the Power Points give a slight advantage in versatility, but its countered by a more limited selection of "spells". I will be interested to see how Spell Points get handled in the DMG though. Once that's out I'll edit these classes to stay on par with those rules.

maritimo80

First Post
Conviction

I have just uploaded 5E Psionic Warrior (experiment); Companion to Psionicist to the downloads area.

This class is my interpretation of a Psionic Warrior companion to the Psionicist class for 5E. It is meant to be a "quick and dirty" conversion until such time as the official psionics subsystem is released by WotC. This is my experiment in re-skinning and utilizing the existing 5E D&D rules mechanics from the PHB to make a different class concept with a little bit of new or reinterpretted features based on the core. As with the psionicist, this allows for quick access to a psionic archetype without having to create an entirely new system that will be a wasted effort once WotC releases their version. It should also make it much simpler to add to the standard character selection options since there is really not very much that is "new" other than the power points psionic focus. In effect, the class is another hybrid warrior/caster class and built on the Paladin chasis and still uses the existing spell system.

You can find the file here in the downloads section. Please use this thread for comments.

Where have the "conviction" class ability description?

Remove ads