• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [5e] QL's Al-Qadim Game

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
What would have happened when she turned undead?

This would have been rather challenging for Lal, because the logical conclusion would have been that the Water Bearer had somehow charmed/dominated the Vizier. He would have attempted to intervene for certain.

The parting words from Lal to the Water Bearer were difficult to write, because Lal is both humble and *enormously* self confident, as many monks can be. It's hard to modulate that just right.

Quickleaf

Legend
What would have happened when she turned undead?

Your caravan would start traveling by night... or Akilah would use her flying carpet as a shade screen. ;)

Well, the Monster Manual has details on what happens when a PC becomes a vampire... I'd probably start with those, but treat the "change to Lawful Evil" as something that happens more gradually (or *maybe* could be forestalled through extraordinary measures). And then there'd be a bunch of corner case stuff about remaining a cleric, what Turn Undead means, etc. Heck, I was even pondering making her a "truth vampire" in that she feeds on truth...leaving behind only falsehood and lies in the hearts of others...or maybe driving mortals made with "too much truth." Cue awful references to A Few Good Men.

Quickleaf

Legend
This would have been rather challenging for Lal, because the logical conclusion would have been that the Water Bearer had somehow charmed/dominated the Vizier. He would have attempted to intervene for certain.

The parting words from Lal to the Water Bearer were difficult to write, because Lal is both humble and *enormously* self confident, as many monks can be. It's hard to modulate that just right.

You nailed it perfectly. One of the better lines I've read in PbP. Really conveyed Lal's character. Bravo! :)

Matthan

Explorer
There was an update from one of QL's friends in another game he runs. He may be dealing with some things at the moment. I don't think we need to pry, but I'm sure he'll come back when he is able to.

He's been on ENworld for 13 years. He'll be back.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
There was an update from one of QL's friends in another game he runs. He may be dealing with some things at the moment. I don't think we need to pry, but I'm sure he'll come back when he is able to.

Thanks!

Quickleaf

Legend
So... how are things?

Sorry for the delay, folks, just been slammed with some health issues consuming much of my energy. I'll get back to posting this week. My apologies for keeping you all waiting, and thanks for your patience!

Remove ads