• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

5e rule set for Call of Cthulhu

I've been playing a bit more D&D 5e recently, after playing 3.5 for most of my life. I was wondering if there is a good book/ruleset for Call of Cthulhu style campaigns, but with 5e rules?

What I'm looking for, is something that plays just like D&D 5e, but has suitable classes for Cthulhu, stats for firearms, rules for modern vehicles, and stats for Lovecraftian monsters compatible with 5e, and of course sanity rules.

Could someone recommend me a system?

overgeeked

B/X Known World
To be clear, Sandy's game is your stereotypical D&D fantasy with Cthulhu elements added in. It's not 1920s investigation and horror a la Call of Cthulhu using the D&D game system.

There was a d20 Call of Cthulhu game put out a few years back. It'll be closer, but it's not 5E.

Between those two you could likely hack something together. If/when the new Modern d20 game releases that would be close as a starting point.

MGibster

Legend
I have Monte Cook’s d20 Call of Cthulhu and it is an excellent take on the game with 3E rules. Surprising still available: Call of Cthulhu RPG
d20 Call of Cthulhu was an excellent product. It was a great adaptation of a classic game to the d20 system, and it provided GMs new to Cthulhu with some good ideas on how to run a campaign through different eras.

So it seems I really want to wait for a proper 5e Modern then. Because I don't want the D&D classes, I want the various investigator roles that were in D20 Cthulhu, but adapted to 5e, or something similar.

Remove ads