• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [5e+] Starter Set in Greyhawk; where to place?

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
Quick question for those who have the Starter Set. If you were to place the adventure in Greyhawk, where would be the likely place to place it?

I ask because I don't particularly like the Forgotten Realms. Not through any other reason than that I know little of/about it and I know plenty about pre-From The Ashes Greyhawk.

5e seems to be a game that I could play in the same fashion that I did 1e back in the day and I thought, "Hey, Art! Why don't you dust off Greyhawk again?"

Aaaanyway, back to the original question: Any suggestions?

(This is a 5e+ thread because the bickering is throwing off otherwise productive threads! That and I'm grumpy!)

bruceparis

Explorer
I suggest placing Phandalin just north and slightly inland of Safeton (on the Wild Coast). It has the same kind of topography that the Sword Coast has (coast, forest nearby, hills nearby). It's on Wooly Bay (leads to the sea). And it is about 1.5 days ride to Greyhawk City (same distance Phandalin is from the City of Neverwinter). The Greyhawk City box set (1989) and From The Ashes (1990) have quite a bit of info on this region. You could play here for ages. Hope this helps!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads