• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5E Sunless Citadel - CG

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"Goblins not right away, maybe rats." says Meepo.

Kuhl: You notice tracks in the dust. Some tracks were made by rats and some by medium size humanoids.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Kuhl points to the tracks, and his steps follow the path already crossed. Print in print, so he has a sense of the size of his quarry.

purplerook

First Post
Ara peers into the empty chamber.

Ara mumbles something about "Glorified Valet." However, he enters the room with bow in one hand and methodically glancing right, left, up down. Ara Thinks "In the exercises, the only reason for an empty room or an unlocked door was to lull you into a false sense of confidence. In the real world, there are far more empty rooms and unlocked doors. So, it is easier to get relaxed." continuing the thought "Although, we never had someone like Meepo in the exercises. Is he truly going to help us, or merely lead us into a trap. When I become an instructor, perhaps I will introduce a third party into some of the exercises."

Out loud Ara says "Gladly, I will try the door. Kuhl, While I value your perception, I also value Edgar's armor. Perhaps he should proceed the two of us into the next room." From the doorway, Ara summons his spectral hand across the room in front of the door. The hand attempts to open the door.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Dust and odd bits of stony debris and rubble lie scattered on the floor. An ornate fountain is built into the eastern wall. Though cracked and stained, the fountain's overarching carving of a diving dragon retains its beauty. A relief-carved stone door stands on the western wall. The chamber continues to the north.

meepo2.png

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Kuhl apologizes when Ara calls himself a valet, and says "I didn't mean to presume." Kuhl knows not everyone is comfortable in underground spaces, and since he was recruited to be a guide of these adventurers, he will continue to take the lead unless someone else puts himself in that position.

At the sight of the fountain, Kuhl observes, "This was once perhaps the source of fresh water for this place." (Is it still flowing? Is it dry?) "But it wasn't carved by goblins -- others have made this," he observes, as Meepo holds up the torch so he can see.

purplerook

First Post
Ara replies "Kuhl, no offense meant or taken. It is just that opening doors is not the role that I had expected to take on the adventure." Ara continues "It is amazing our difference in perspectives. I had eyes only for the beauty of the statuary. I hope to come back and sketch it at my leisure. You as a herder worry about the source of fresh water."

OOC: Do we need to be keeping a map? I am not, and I am now totally turned around in the dungeon. Also, I am really hoping that a Cleric shows up.

TallIan

Explorer
Edgar, Paladin 1

Edgar glances over the fountain and statue, his soldiers mind thinking more along the lines of lootable value, before looking further down the chamber for signs of trouble.

Perception roll: 1D20+2 = [12]+2 = 14

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 12
AC: 16
Initiative: +0
HP: 10/12 (HD: 1/1d10)

Offense:
Halberd +5 10ft 1d10+3S
Halberd (Bonus action): +5 5ft 1d4+3B
Shortsword: +5 5ft 1d6+3P
Javelin: +5 30/120 1d6+3P

Devine Sense 2/3
Lay on Hands 5/5[/SBLOCK]

purplerook

First Post
Ara asks "Meepo, what lies behind the door to the left? Could it be some Goblins to attack us from behind?"

OOC: Marching Order, I am assuming Edgar, Kuhl, Meepo (with Torch) and Ara bringing up the rear.

[SBLOCK=Ara]Ara, Level 1 - Male High Elf Wizard -
HP: 7/7, AC: 16 Active Spells: Mage Armor
Initiative: +3, Speed: 30ft, Senses: Passive Perception 12, Darkvsion <60ft Dark is dim, Dim is light
Saving Throws Str -1, Con +1, Dex + 3, *Int +5, *Wis +2, Chr 0
Abilities:
By Popular Demand
Fey Ancestry - adv vs. charmed, immune sleep

Offense:
Longbow: +5 1d8+3
Short Sword: +5 1d6+3

Spells
C - Green Flaming Blade, Mage Hand, Minor Illusion,Prestidigitation
1st (1/2) - Mage Armor, Silent Image, Shield,Sleep
[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Who, Owl Familiar]Familiar Who, Owl
Perception +3, Stealth +3, Passive Per 13, Darkvision <120ft Dark is dim, Dim is light
AC 11, HP 1
Flyby: provokes no opportunity attack when it flies out of enemy reach
Keen Hearing and Sight: Advantage on Perception checks that rely on hearing or sight
[/SBlock]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
OOC: I'm not gonna force mapping on you.[sblock=Map]scfull.png[/sblock]

Edgar, Kuhl:
A thin layer of scum coats the fountain's basin, but it is otherwise dry. You notice similar tracks as the previous room.

Ara:
The door has no obvious hinge mechanism or handle. Carvings on the door show skeletal dragons. Within 5 feet of the door, the air is noticeably cooler, and the door itself is cold to the touch. There is an inscription, in what you think is Draconic on the door. Meepo seems visibly upset. He says, "I'm not expert, I've been down here once and turned back. Yusdrayl sent me because without Calcryx I am nothing. That door say 'Rebuke the dead, open the way.'"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Kuhl's favourite time of day is twilight, then there is still light, but the sun has dropped beneath the hills where his flocks gaze, and it begins to cool, and he leads his flock back towards their pens for the night. The cool breeze is a comfort to him, after a day of sitting in the sun and attempting to learn a new tune.

This is not like that cool breeze. Kuhl is uncomfortable, and frightened by the intimation that more of the not-dead could be inside.

"We need not open the door," he says. "We could continue North for now."

Remove ads