• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5E Sunless Citadel - CG

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Hold your breath," says the monk as he picks up the kobold and runs from the room.

He holds his breath and prepares for what follows.

purplerook

First Post
Ara runs out of the room with Kuhl. I think he was a little closer to the door and so ahead of Kuhl. When nothing happens, Ara lets out a breath and laughs. He then replies in a serious tone of voice "Usually when we are just enjoying not be skewered by one trap is when the instructors spring another trap on us." Ara fits action to words, looking around waiting for what will attack next.

After the party recovers, Ara turns to Meepo and asks "Do you recognize this odor?"

OOC:
Ara perception of room after click: 1D20+3 = [8]+3 = 11

Starting to loose track of things to investigate:
Stench - ask Meepo if he is familiar with smell - maybe Calcryx?
Old rusted cylinder -
Trap doors - what is in the traps?

[SBLOCK=Ara]Ara, Level 1 - Male High Elf Wizard -
HP: 7/7, AC: 16 Active Spells: Mage Armor
Initiative: +3, Speed: 30ft, Senses: Passive Perception 12, Darkvsion <60ft Dark is dim, Dim is light
Saving Throws Str -1, Con +1, Dex + 3, *Int +5, *Wis +2, Chr 0
Abilities:
By Popular Demand
Fey Ancestry - adv vs. charmed, immune sleep

Offense:
Longbow: +5 1d8+3
Short Sword: +5 1d6+3

Spells
C - Green Flaming Blade, Mage Hand, Minor Illusion,Prestidigitation
1st (1/2) - Mage Armor, Silent Image, Shield,Sleep
[/SBLOCK]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"Smells like rats," says Meepo.

Rusted cylinder is part of the disarmed gas trap on the fountain.

Examining each trap door reveals a 20-foot-deep pit containing only rat bones, rusted metal bits, and filth.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Kuhl looks to the others, and regains his composure. "Sure," he says, and tries the door, while being careful to avoid the trap in the floor.

purplerook

First Post
Ara gently reminds Kuhl, "You can always call on me to open a door with Mage Hand from a distance." Ara continues "Once I have cracked the door open, I can cast an illusion of the door on the other side, so that we can look through the illusion with a good chance no one on the other side will realize the door is open."

OOC: Ara cast Mage Armor just before descending into the Ravine. The duration is 8 hours. Please let me know if/when the spell expires.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
GM: No, that generally won't work and Ara knows it won't.
1) Just because you know it is an illusion doesn't mean you can see through it you have to study it carefully using an action and passing an Intelligence(Investigation) check. Even then the image still blocks your vision, it's just "faint".
2) The door opens wide enough for you to know what the door looks like. 6 Seconds tick by. The door flashies back closed. If someone sees it happen, its screamingly obvious to all but the blind.

It's been about 2 hours.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Kuhl nods deferentially to Ara, and apologizes. He stands back to let the others go first, careful to avoid the trap in the floor.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
You open the door.
An oppressive smell suffuses the air, rising from chewed carcasses of cave rats, smaller vermin, and a few humanoid-looking creatures. The bodies lie upon a floor of filth, old bones, hair, and fur that combine to make a particularly large and vile nest.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads