• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e system in a card sleeve

swordnut

First Post
Hi All,

As a pet project, Im trying to put as many systems as I can on card-sized paper cut-outs so it will fit in a card sleeve, with enough info for 5-6 players and a GM and enough info to run a session on the fly

Not sure how the download section works here, but feel free to put it in there if you like it, and to let me know if there are things I can improve

Here is DnD 5e for 6 players and a DM on 18 double-sided cards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va-6PvDNzgo&list=UU3leivU35T36Itawzw47ZUw

The Hitcher

Explorer
Nice idea.

You don't seem to have the proficiency bonus on the character sheets (and I think saves are also missing). Seeing as proficiency is fundamental to so many of the numbers, my suggestion would be to remove the skills section and just have a "proficiency" section where the player lists skills, saves, tools that they're proficient in. Then they can just add their proficiency and stat bonuses to rolls based on any of those things. Getting rid of the unnecessary skills might free up space, as well. Might also be worth adding base "+ to hit" and save DC for spells, and maybe prepared/slot numbers.

swordnut

First Post
Thanks for the feedback. That's a good idea for the skills/saves.

I like having all the skills listed as a player prompt, and I thought if you have the number for each skill, you don't need to note proficiency.

Then again, if it's proficiency only, and the player fills it in, how many slots would you need for up to 10th or 20th level?

The spells thing should go on that last "flex space" as it would be wasted for non-casters. Casters would each need their own layout to track sorcery/ki along with spells known, spell slots, spells prepared etc.

I can see the desire for customised layouts, so that's why I put a grid there.
My starting assumption is that Role players are creative and intelligent, so all you really need is a prompt.
oh
Save proficiency is a big omission. I'll fix that soon.

swordnut

First Post
I've updated it with the proficiency idea, plus I sacrificed 1 character sheet for a player skills and combat prompt.

I'll update the vid and link soon

9bit

Explorer
Printed and stuffed into a card sleeve!

I stowed it away in my "Go-bag" which I regularly take with me whenever I leave the house (which also contains a set of mini dice). Maybe some day I'll get to bust this out.

swordnut

First Post
Cool beans. Please let me know how it stands up out in the wild 😃

I'll be doing a video showing the little go bags by "all rolled up"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads