• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[5E] Wind Warrior (from The Whispering Cairn)

Sam Stockdale

Villager
I'm about to embark on running the Age of Worms for my group, using 5th Edition D&D. Rather than finding alternative monsters, I'm going to use a conversion document I found at http://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments..._guides_found/. My first conversion for the Whispering Cairn adventure is the Wind Warrior, and I was wondering what folks thought about my effort :). I'm not going to write up any of the fluff, just the crunch :)

Wind Warrior
Medium elemental (air), neutral
Armour Class 17 (natural)
Hit Points 45 (7d8+14)
Speed 30 ft., fly 80 ft.
STR 16 (+3), DEX 20 (+5), CON 14 (+2), INT 8 (-1), WIS 11 (+0), CHA 11 (+0)
Damage Resistances
lightning, thunder; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from nonmagical weapons
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities exhaustion, grappled, paralysed, poisoned, prone, restrained, unconscious
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages understands Auran but doesn't speak
Challenge 3 (700 XP)
ACTIONS
Multiattack. The wind warrior makes two melee attacks with its scimitars.
Scimitar. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6+5 slashing damage
Sonic Blast (aka the thunderwave spell). As an action, the wind warrior can clang its scimitars together to produce a wave of thunderous force that sweeps out from it. Each creature in 20-foot line originating from the wind warrior must make a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or take 2d8 thunder damage and be pushed 10 feet away from the wind warrior. On a successful save, the target takes half as much damage and isn’t pushed away. The effect emits a thunderous boom audible out to 30 feet.

Edit: Based on advice from Flamestrike, I've changed the attack and damage rolls so that they use the Dexterity modifier; I've also changed the Wind Warrior's weapon of choice to scimitar - I think it's a more graceful weapon and in keeping with the gracefulness of the Wind Warrior.

Last edited:

I'm about to embark on running the Age of Worms for my group, using 5th Edition D&D. Rather than finding alternative monsters, I'm going to use a conversion document I found at http://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments..._guides_found/. My first conversion for the Whispering Cairn adventure is the Wind Warrior, and I was wondering what folks thought about my effort :). I'm not going to write up any of the fluff, just the crunch :)

Wind Warrior
Medium elemental (air), neutral
Armour Class 17 (natural)
Hit Points 45 (7d8+14)
Speed 30 ft., fly 80 ft.
STR 16 (+3), DEX 20 (+5), CON 14 (+2), INT 8 (-1), WIS 11 (+0), CHA 11 (+0)
Damage Resistances
lightning, thunder; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from nonmagical weapons
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities exhaustion, grappled, paralysed, poisoned, prone, restrained, unconscious
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages understands Auran but doesn't speak
Challenge 3 (700 XP)
ACTIONS
Multiattack. The wind warrior makes two melee attacks with its longswords.
Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8+3 slashing damage
Sonic Blast (aka the thunderwave spell). As an action, the wind warrior can clang its longswords together to produce a wave of thunderous force that sweeps out from it. Each creature in 20-foot line originating from the wind warrior must make a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or take 2d8 thunder damage and be pushed 10 feet away from the wind warrior. On a successful save, the target takes half as much damage and isn’t pushed away. The effect emits a thunderous boom audible out to 30 feet.

I like it. I'd key its attacks off Dex, but thats about it.

Remove ads