• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

#6 Revelations release date!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's ready for layout (all text, art, maps are all completely done) but we have a Kickstarter we'll be announcing hopefully this week which might change things. It's for hardcover compilations, but we want to add extra art and maps to the rest of the adventures, too.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
This is getting slightly ridiculous, don't you think? In just a few days you'll be in the bizarre position of having released ONE episode of your adventure path in the year June 2012 to June 2013.

ONE!

That is Cauldron Born in December, if you can remember that far back.

While nice-looking pdfs are great and all, if it means putting even more delays on publication, I would personally be very disappointed and I'm sure others would be too. I happen to know at least four DMs who checked out Zeitgeist, liked it a lot, but decided not to buy into it because of the haphazard release schedule.

There was also an undertaking (a repeated undertaking) that episodes would be released at three month intervals barring 'unforeseen circumstances', and this hardly counts as unforeseen. It is in fact deliberate and very unfair.

I think that groups who have already started on the AP are being badly let down here, and it is also an imposition on subscribers who have so far paid outtwice as m uch as they should have done for each episode, and are presumably being invited to part with more money so the procvess can be slowed down even more:

So far every EN Publishing Kickstarter project (including Admiral of the High Seas which was supposed to support Zeitgeist!!!) has been trotted out as another reason why this or that installment was late. Just now we have had an enormous delay thanks to your latest project with more in the pipeline to slow things down.

Please, please, please focus on the core objective of providing your fans, DMs, players and supporters with what they need most - the adventures you promised them when they bought in to the AP two years ago. We should be on adventure number 9 by now, for heaven's sake!

:mad:

Falkus

Explorer
I agree with Gideon. The delays are becoming somewhat ridiculous at this point.

To be brutally honest, I've had to abandon my campaign due to the incredible delay on the release dates. I'm hoping to restart it with another group in a year or two; after all the modules are released. I don't intend to start a new one before that happens.

ltclnlbrain

First Post
I've been running Way of the Wicked for my group in the meantime, but we are all eagerly awaiting the next installment of Zeitgeist! It can't come soon enough! :D

gideonpepys

We're very, very, very sorry, guys. We're trying our best to bring you adventures.

Then please just release the next adventure without yet another Kickstarter. That would add at least another two months to the wait, meaning the adventure would be almost a year late.

I have held my Zeitgeist campaign together through thick and thin for two years despite only having enough material for a year's worth of gaming. Any further delay to the adventure path will make it almost impossible for me to do so, particularly if that delay is intentional.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We'll be releasing it as soon as we possibly can. I promise we're not deliberately holding it back to annoy you; I want it as much as you do. Again, I'm very, very sorry.

gideonpepys

We'll be releasing it as soon as we possibly can. I promise we're not deliberately holding it back to annoy you; I want it as much as you do. Again, I'm very, very sorry.

I'm confused. Are you embarking on a Kickstarter which will delay the release or not?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm confused. Are you embarking on a Kickstarter which will delay the release or not?

No. The delays are caused by personal (private) issues with team members which I'm unable to share with you. The Kickstarter, since it is happening in the next week or so anyway may therefore allow it to benefit from it if the timing works out that way. The KS isn't causing any delay, it's happening at the same time as the delay. I think they call that "correlation not causation" but I'm not a statistician!

Nobody, I repeat nobody, is deliberately delaying the adventures. I want to sell the darn things as much as you want to get them.

Remove ads