• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

7000 Prestige classes oh my...

fl8m

First Post
I've been thinking i'd like to add a prestige class to my ranger, so i open my DMG and look at those then i open my Masters of the Wild, then i open my Complete adventurer, then i open my Complete Warrior, then i remember there are another dozen prestige classes in the 20 or so issues of dragon i have, then i remember there's some in Races of stone, then i pull my hair out and decide straight ranger is the way for me :)

has anybody actually written up a compilation of prestige classes for the pathetic overwhelmed player such as myself? i don't exactly need every word of the class, heck just a list of names and sorces would be enough to give me a chance :)

Galethorn

First Post
I think that sounds like an impossible undertaking. It's quite possible that there are more PrCs than atoms in the observable universe...roughly. I only hope I'm wrong, for your sake.

Durandal

First Post
I think Emerald Night had something like this in the works a while back, but it may have gone down the drain - the link I have to the old site doesn't work anymore.

fl8m

First Post
very true, galethorn , i noticed a Prestige class on the back of my McDonalds receipt yesterday. :)

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post
fl8m, instead of looking at all the PrClasses and trying to find something for you, go the other way around. Decide what you want your ranger to be like, then hunt for a PrClass that models that (or maybe even a base class to multiclass into).

der_kluge

Adventurer
Cataloguing feats or prestige classes violates Heisenberg uncertainty principle.

Or something...

By the time you're finished, there'll be more, and you'll have to start over again!

Crothian

First Post
IT actually wouldn't be that hard to do this. Take someone with the books, a nd a few hours to spare really. Of course including all the dragon magazines and other publishers will just increase the time; but it is very doible.

Tuzenbach

First Post
What I think is funny is the whole reason this conundrum exists. WotC got rich with Magic The Gathering. Why? They realized all the Magic players kept wanting to compete at higher and higher levels. So they introduced more and more and more cards until it was completely impractical/highly improbable that anyone could ever be a "card master" (i.e., a guy who knows EVERYTHING about ALL Magic cards). But fools kept buying those packs of cards.....and WotC made money from people trying to be Card Masters......and nobody became a Card Master, but Wizards had enough money to buy D&D......

They figured if it worked with Magic, it'd work with D&D, hence, prestige classes. All of a sudden, nobody has the ability to be the "Prestige Master", but everybody would like to. Oh well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads