• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

7th Sea enemy classifications

Red Viper

First Post
I had heard that 7th sea had 3 different ways to classify handle emenies in combat. This seemed like an interesting way to handle combat and I want to get the book to read more on this but I need to know which of the 7th sea books covers these combat rules.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Quick question - are you asking about the 7th Sea Roll & Keep system or the d20 Swashbuckling Adventures version of the rules. I don't recall this in the d20 version, and I'm not familiar with Roll & Keep.

Last edited:

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
7th Sea was originally published by AEG with its own system called Roll & Keep. Later they renamed the product line Swashbuckling Adventures and published a hardcover with d20 rules compatable with D&D 3.0, then a d20 book of monsters and a d20 book of magic. Later supplements were dual statted for Roll & Keep and d20. There was also a 7th Sea collectible card game too.

I played the d20 version for awhile but I own a lot of the older Roll & Keep supplements for the setting "fluff". Unfortunately I don't have the R&K core books so unfortunately I can't answer your question (which I think might be an R&K rule).

There is a fan forum for 7th Sea here where you will probably get an answer to your question:
http://www.crystalkeep.com/forums/

There used to be more fan run forums and web sites, but checking my old bookmarks, most of them are no longer there or maintained. :(

Last edited:

It would be in the GM's guide, but the basic breakdown was this:

Brutes: Cannon fodder, pretty much you hit them and the drop (much like 4e's minions having only 1 hit point). You could even call raises on your attack roll to hit multiple brutes at once (known as playing Whack-a-Brute) to mimic the cinematic action of the dashing hero dispatching a pack of nameless thugs in a rapid flurry of swordplay.

Henchmen: A step up from brutes, in that they could keeping fighting until they took a Dramatic Wound as a result of failing a Wounds check.

Villains: The top of the bad guy pyramid, in that they operated the same way as the PCs did in terms of Flesh Wounds and Dramatic Wounds.

Remove ads