• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

8 power sources. so what are the other 4?

Intrope

First Post
Cyronax said:
Knowledge of a creature's true name could also just be a virtual implement that stokes a wizard's or other arcanist's powers in a way similar to a wand or orb. Perhaps knowing a true name would be a key part of a ritual.

C.I.D.
If a True Name *is* the creature in some sense (or a true essence of the creature, etc.) then I'd think it would help all power sources, even Martial--after all, if you are very familiar with a how a creature fights, you can anticipate its dodges, read its feints, and so on. And the True Name essentially grants that insight into the creature. You might need a ritual of some sort to 'grok' the True Name, or the like.

sirwmholder

First Post
Trying to determine the 8 powers sources I think WotC showed their hand in the latest preview... the first three we know...

1. Martial
2. Arcane
3. Divine

The following three are all but confirmed...

4. Shadow
5. Primal
6. Psionic

Now I'm not going to pretend to know the last two but I would wager...

7. Temporal / Chronomancy
8. Artifice

mrrodgers

First Post
Kobold Avenger said:
Technology/Artifice is likely to be a power source in my mind, because eventually WotC may want to address a steampunk fantasy campaign. Whether it will be in a PHB or a setting book for a steampunk campaign remains something to be seen.
One word: Eberron.

Remove ads