9000 Downloads!

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
As someone who was able to preview the first adventure, and without wanting to give too much away, it really does blow most first level adventures out of the water.

While reading it I kept checking to see if the players were supposed to have levelled up yet - not because of the difficulty or the challenge levels were too high, but because I couldn't believe the epic sweep of the thing.

It really is very ambitious and masterfully done.

benfromidaho

First Post
[MENTION=79141]gideonpepys[/MENTION] This is both awesome news, and causing me to check EVEN MORE OFTEN to see if the first adventure is available.

Colmarr

First Post
I've seen adveture 1 too, and second everything Gideonpepys says. In fact, adventure one is so chock-full of awesome that I'm not sure that adventure 2 can compare

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Congratulations.

I expect that all the good press surrounding WotBS has helped spark people's curiosity. Also, it's an interesting setting and very professionally done.

That said, I haven't had time to read any further than the map. Ack!

Morrus, you might want to hold off from retiring. You might need to pay RangerWickett a lot more to keep him from writing for WotC or Paizo. ;)

Riastlin

First Post
Well, I've finally had a chance to finish reading the campaign guide (stupid work obligations), and I have to say that I am definitely impressed and intrigued.

The reviews we've gotten for the first adventure are only making me that much more excited. I still don't know that I'll ever get around to running a Zeitgeist campaign but even if I don't it looks like it'll definitely be worth the subscription cost to sign up. Of course, I'm a little bummed that the adventures will be released over such a long period of time (though I completely understand it, not really complaining). My main reason for being bummed though is just that I want to eat it up now. Its going to be kinda like only being allowed to read one chapter of the Lord of the Rings every three months. :)

I think the biggest thing though it that its just great to see you guys put so much time and effort into the players and campaign guides. That's how you are going to be able to get people to understand the setting and be able to get into it. Scales of War for instance, doesn't really feel like a special place per se. Its so generic that it could be anywhere (which admittedly was probably part of the the design philosophy). The problem though is that it became hard for the players to really care about any of the towns or people they encountered, even though the path is, by the end anyway, pretty darn good.

Colmarr

First Post
Remember that comment I made earlier about adventure 2 struggling to live up to adventure 1? I just went back through the campaign guide and have to say that I'm amazed by every single adventure in the heroic tier.

This is going to be so much fun!

Colmarr

First Post
[MENTION=59182]Colmarr[/MENTION] I know you said you'd seem the early adventures already, how much do you know that you're not telling us. ;)

I've seen Island at the Axis of the World, but other than that I'm the same as everyone else - worse in fact than those who playtested The Dying Skyseer. My next session is scheduled for next weekend, so we're really hoping Island is out by then (or that [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] will give me a dispensation to run it early so I can spread the fervor).

ridingsloth

First Post
Yeah, I was hoping to get started Wednesday, but it looks like that's not going to happen. Perhaps the adventure will be out by next week? *wistful sigh*

Herobizkit

Adventurer
All I can say is, THANK YOU for a non-traditional Renaissance-style adventure with guns and airships. FINALLY, someone GETS it. ;)

... and given the other work @RangerWickett has done with alternate magic systems, gadgeteering, and steampunk supplements, I'm not at ALL surprised.

Last edited:

Remove ads