• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A baby with class

Pigeon

First Post
We just had a baby boy. Yeah yeah, congratulations etc etc. But check this out:

Evan Hughes at 2 weeks old
Weight: 9lb 2oz – on the 90th percentile (heavier than 90% of all babies)
Height: 56cm – on the 100th percentile (taller than 100% of all babies)

There is no doubt about it; those are the stats for a Fighter. Oh sure, he’d make a pretty good Barbarian with those scores – but I don’t fancy him going into berserker rage every time he drops his sippy cup. No, Fighter it is. Maybe even a Paladin, but if he’s anything like his Dad his wisdom score won’t be high enough.

I’m quite glad in a way. For a start I won’t have to pay all those expensive Wizard guild tuition fees, nor will I have to watch my valuables as I would if he had been a thief. As for Druid or Ranger, quite frankly I don’t think I could have coped with having to clean up after the animal companion all the time. Sure it would be “I’ll take good care of him Dad” at the beginning – but as soon as the novelty wore off it would be muggings here left cleaning out the bear hutch every Saturday morning.

TogaMario

First Post
Congrats, and this has to be the funniest baby announcement I've ever read. Awesome work, on the kid and the post :)

-Tyler

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Pigeon said:
Height: 56cm – on the 100th percentile (taller than 100% of all babies)

I assume you mean "taller than 100% of all other babies".

Otherwise you end up with some sort of infinite recursion, and crash to desktop.

-Hyp.

Aurora

First Post
Congrats! Great announcement BTW. The percentages can be wierd. They are different in different countries. Plus, my daughter is in the 110 percentile for her height- how does that work? :lol: Good height and good weight? Definitely a fighter or maybe a knight? :)

Aurora said:
Congrats! Great announcement BTW. The percentages can be wierd. They are different in different countries. Plus, my daughter is in the 110 percentile for her height- how does that work? :lol: Good height and good weight? Definitely a fighter or maybe a knight? :)

110th Percentile? :confused: How the heck does that work?

Olaf the Stout

Aurora

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:

Olaf the Stout
EXACTLY my point! The system is wierd. I guess they have their statistics that a baby of a certain age is between "x" height and "y" height and mine just happens to be 10% taller than the tallest baby they had for that age when the "study" was done.....who knows man! All I know is that she didn't get her height from me :lol:

Ferret

Explorer
Congrats on the baby! Funny post too!

Where'd you find these stats? I've looked in the back of the Players hand book, but I can't find them...are they in the other PHB? (Parents hand book?)

Pigeon

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:

Olaf the Stout

Yeah, the rules are pretty broken all right. I'm waiting for the third edition to come out personally. I hear they are adding a feat you can take that makes them sleep through the night, which would be rather nifty.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Olaf the Stout said:

It's bizarre. I googled '110th percentile', and found any number of references to babies being in that percentile for height and/or weight, but I can't find a definition of it!

-Hyp.

Aurora said:
EXACTLY my point! The system is wierd. I guess they have their statistics that a baby of a certain age is between "x" height and "y" height and mine just happens to be 10% taller than the tallest baby they had for that age when the "study" was done.....who knows man! All I know is that she didn't get her height from me :lol:

That's a plausible explanation. Either that or the medical system doesn't understand percentages!

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads