• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A baddy for your concideration.

Nookie

Explorer
I was bored one day and decided to make a nasty far realms style monster. ANd this what i came up with. Basically a dragon build to be for the most part a melee combat machine.

I Gave this critter 8 levels of aberrant blood sorcerer. I made the actually casting based stuff stack with the 3 levels of sorcerer the dragon already had for actual spell casting ability. However he only had the Bloodline powers of an 8th level Sorcerer.

Background to come later tell me what you think. also maybe suggest some magic items please.

Ogangasa Yayet The Wyrm of worms.

lesser Worm that walks Adult Black Dragon, Abberant Blood Sorcarer 8 CR 20
XP 307,200
CE Large abberation (water, Augmented)
Init +5; Senses dragon senses; Perception +24
Aura frightful presence (180 ft., DC 19)

Defense
AC 30, touch 10, flat-footed 29 (+1 Dex, +20 natural, –1 size)
hp 201 (14d8+8d6+ 110) Fast Heal 5
Fort +16, Ref +12, Will +18
DR 5/magic; Immune acid, paralysis, sleep not subject to critical hits, sneak attack, precision damage or flanking, poison.; SR 22

Offense
Speed 60 ft., fly 200 ft. (poor), swim 60 ft. Burrow 15 ft
Melee bite +25 (2d6+10), 2 claws +24 (1d8+7), 2 wings +19 (1d6+3), tail +19 (1d8+10), slam 1d8 +19 (1d8+3)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft. (15 ft. with bite)
Special Attacks breath weapon (80-ft. line, DC 22, 12d6 acid), corrupt water, Acid ray 1d6 +4 (5 day) Worm Smite (see Below), Corrupt Water
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 14th)
At will—darkness (60-ft. radius)
Spells Known (CL 11th)
5th (4/day) Summon Monster V, Prying eyes
4th (6/day) Shadow Projection*,Black Tentacles, Animate dead
3rd (6/day) Tongues, Draconic Resorvior, Rage, Haste, Beast shape I
2nd (6/day) See Invisibility, Summon Swarm, Protective Spirit*, Locate Object, Bulls Strength, Spider Climb
1st (6/day)—alarm, mage armor, obscuring mist, Touch Of Gracelessness*, Ant Haul* Enlarge person
0 (at will)—dancing lights, detect magic, mending, message, read magic, Resistance, Mage Hand, Spark*, Prestidigitation
* from APG

Statistics
Str 25, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 14, Wis 17, Cha 15
Base Atk +14; CMB +24; CMD 33 (37 vs. trip)
Feats Alertness, Improved Initiative, Improved Vital Strike, Power Attack, Skill Focus (Stealth), Vital Strike, Weapon Focus (bite), Eschew Materials, Improved Grapple
Skills Fly +12, Handle Animal +16, Intimidate +19, Knowledge (arcana) +19, Perception +24, Spellcraft +19, Stealth +20, Swim +32
Languages Common, Draconic, Giant
SQ speak with reptiles, swamp stride, water breathing, Discorperate

Worm-Smite(Ex): Once every five rounds, Ogangasa Yayet can make a touch attack to deliver a worm-smite. A creature struck by this attack must succeed on a Reflex save(DC 26) or be become covered in ravenous worms. On Ogangasa Yayets next turn and every turn thereafter, the target takes 11d8 points of slashing damage per round, as the worms consume the target's flesh and burrow into it's organs. The worms remain until destroyed or removed--or until the target is slain, indicating the worms have devoured their victim.
A target can use a full-round action to attempt to remove the hungry worms. Escaping requires a Reflex save(DC 26). Rolling on the ground--and this crushing the worms--provides a +2 circumstance bonus on the save. Dealing at least 20 points of fire damage destroys the worms, but deals the same amount of damage to the victim as well.

Dis corporate(Ex): As an immediate action, Ogangasa Yayet can dis-corporate, collapsing into a pile of slithering vermin. You now count as a centipede swarm with as many hit points as normal and without poison. Your form is not actually centipedes though, but worms. In the round when the use this ability, the worms fall to the ground, filling their space. Unless each worm is destroyed within 1 round, the writhing worms burrow into the earth or slither away(if you choose). As long as any component vermin of Ogangasa Yayet, Ogangasa Yayet can, within 24 hours, breed and create a new body to house the malicious essence. This swarm has the same faceing as you do.

Dingo333

First Post
First Impression: Worm smite seems too good.

I see it is a CR 20 creature, but the 11d8 still strikes me as excessive.

Maybe 8d8, ref for half and they do not cover you, and I suppose you could up the DC to 30

other than that, it looks good

paradox42

First Post
I've never seen the lesser Worm-That-Walks template; where's that from? I'm presuming that the Worm-Smite ability comes from that, since I've never seen it before.

Dingo333

First Post
the Worm that Walks template is towards the back of the beastiary 2 and has no "worm smite" ability. It is a template for evil spellcasters

The lesser version (not in the beastiary) may have it, but I do not know

paradox42

First Post
the Worm that Walks template is towards the back of the beastiary 2 and has no "worm smite" ability. It is a template for evil spellcasters

The lesser version (not in the beastiary) may have it, but I do not know
Yes, that was my point. Worm That Walks was originally a template in Call of Cthulhu d20, based on a creature from the classic campaign (which we'd call an "adventure path" today) Shadows of Yog-Sothoth. WotC adopted it for the Epic-Level Handbook, and it got used for Kyuss in Age of Worms, so Paizo has experience with it anyway and no doubt wanted to use it again- hence the Pathfinderized version in Bestiary 2.

I've never seen Lesser Worm That Walks before this thread. Apparently, though (I discovered after doing a Google search), it started when Elder Evils included Kyuss- since they decided that he was to be called "The Worm That Walks," that meant that any other examples of the breed must necessarily be "lesser." Silly thing to say IMO, but looking in my copy of the book I see that that is exactly what they did- the NPC in that chapter named Edwin Tolstoff is indeed listed as a "Male lesser worm that walks human necromancer 3/cleric 3/true necromancer 10." And he does have a Worm-Smite ability which approximately matches the one Ogangasa Yayst does.

So, I'm guessing that somebody took Edwin Tolstoff and used him combined with the ELH to make a "Lesser Worm That Walks" template, since Elder Evils itself doesn't have one (it just has finished stats for Kyuss and Edwin).

Anyway, back to the thread subject,- Nookie, have you tried taking out the Lesser Worm That Walks template, and using the PF Bestiary 2 Worm That Walks instead? Just to see how the stats look by comparison? Ogangasa is interesting as-is, but you might find other ideas for how to use "him" if you use the standard template (or mix and match the two).

Nookie

Explorer
lesser worm that walks is just a template i found n the net before i got bestiary two. Its what its called I don't know what else to tell you.

I have all kinds of uses for him i though someone else might enjoy the monster.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads