A black piece of paper

Jeajea

First Post
There is nothing written on this note. However...

From the blackness, some twinkles are seen. Tiny points of light. Stars...

Then, suddenly, the darkness, the beautiful black dotted with stars slips into a deep purple on one edge and the stars fade until the black night comes again. But the purple lingers...

Then, a glorious cascade of colours... purple softens into violet, then reds and pinks and oranges and blues and whites all flow around... until the darker colours are gone and the huge yellow white leaves only some oranges to play with...

And even those are gone. The paper is now so bright and white that you almost have to look away...

Sharp lines form, deep cuts of black, almost radiating their message into the world -

I feel such joy, overwhelming bliss,
Troubles faded to a background hiss,
And I see!
I am Free!
How did I ever do this?

The note fades to a grey colour, though a slight hum is heard. Another moment more, and the grey sinks into black. Black, where it started.

(( Note: This is a psionic, mind-affecting effect. It will target one person at a time, who can resist if they choose - but they will not see what I have described above. To any observer other than the one currently experiencing it, the note simply appears to be a black piece of paper. ))

Last edited:

Ruthia

First Post
Passing the board one day, the lady dressed in white pauses at this slight piece of paper. The black draws in her, making her want to look at it. Soon she see's the slight light in the paper that grows. With a flash that would have harmed a normal Person's eyes, the paper turned white with wording. Squinting she reads it and smiles as the paper fades.

"Some ones happy. Thats good, it's so hard to find happiness around here lately."

Smiling now, the lady in white, the white dragon of Pern, walks away humming a happy tune.

Remove ads