• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Bloody Little Tale

Lord Wyrm

First Post
As I'm in the mood to really scare some PCs I'm going to be running a variation of a table top adventure for the forums. Hopefully we can build the suspense here like I did with my table-toppers.

In the world of Magescape all things are possible, from the mundane to the fantastic to the nigh unimaginable. The world is full of heroes and villians who are both great and terrible. The darkest realms of this world are waking nightmares where even the most hardened of adventurers from Ravenloft would not dare to go. In a quiet town near the Schwartzwald evil stirs and its up to adventure's who have not truly cut their teeth to put it to rest.

This adventure is designed for 1st-3rd level characters. For this go around I'm thinking 6 players and 32 point buy, with 1st level. Please try to all be neutral or good, though if you come up with a fairly good concet for an evil character I'll take it under consideration. Oh, and anyone who wants to run a Cleric or Paladin or other divinely associated character please say so. Paladins will be slightly modified.

Dieties are as follows:
Shadow- The Weapons Lord, Master of Silent Things; True Neutral god of darkness, last of the elder gods, his concerns are unfathomable by his human servants who often receive prophetic dreams. No domains for clerics, he has something else to compensate. All weapons are favored.

Drake- The Knowing One, Walker Between Worlds, Wounded One; Choatic Good god of wisdom, one of the Ascended Ones, he cares for the poor and downtrodden and is responsible for keeping humanity safe from Syira. Domains are Good, Healing, War, and Sun. Favored weapon is the greatsword.

Kaloren- The Watcher, the Patient, Lord of Patricide; True Neutral god death, one of the Ascended Ones, keeps the records of the dead and dying, once responsible for destruction of elven kingdom when mortal. Domains are Death, Destruction, and Knowledge. Favored weapon is the longbow.

Syira- Lady of Blood, The Bloody Queen, Harbinger; Chaotic Evil goddess of agony, One of the Ascended Ones, concentrates efforts on torture of mortals, mental domination, and dragging heaven into the Abyss. Domains are Evil, Chaos, Destruction, and Trickery. Favored weapon is the quaterstaff.

Aracus- Magelord, Seeker of Ways, Heaven's Tear; Chaotic Neutral god of magic, Unknown Origin, his concerns are bringing the knowledge of magic to all beings and developing a way to become Overgod. Domains are Magic, Chaos, and Fire. Favored weapon is the dagger.

Arlon- Warmaster, Kingmaker, the Loyalist; Lawful Neutral god of war, valor, and tyranny, Risen Mortal, his concerns are the propagation of war so as to find the valorous and the meak. Domains are War, Air, Law, and Strength. Favored weapon is the bastard sword.

These are the greater deities, if you want a particular niche deity I could find a few lesser or intermeadiate candidates to choose from.

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Current Players:

Ero Gaki
Azaar
Ion
KikuNoMaru
Voadam
Steelshark
DarwinofMind
Einan

Alternates:
1. Borson

Last edited:

Azaar

Explorer
I'm intrigued as well. What sort of setup are we looking at here? 1st-level characters? What sort of point-buy, acceptable races/classes, etc.? I've been itching to give the warlock a spin ever since getting Complete Arcane, but have yet to get the chance to do so.

Lord Wyrm

First Post
In answer to your questions:

32 point buy
1st Level (Though if we don't have six players this will probably go to 2nd)
The following books are going to be allowed for character creation: Players Handbook, Complete ______ series, Races of ______ series, Expanded Psionics Handbook.

I am tempted to disallow the Ninja, Wu Jen, Samurai, and Shugenja for setting reasons. The other material in those books is allowed however. Ask about other books and I'll probably allow them. I like Warlocks and would be happy to give you the opportunity to play one.

Azaar

Explorer
Quite understandable there. And I'm cool with that; count me in. I'll throw a character together real quick -- though before I get too involved, there is something I'm considering as a possible direction to pursue for my warlock in terms of prestige classes. I'm thinking either human or possibly changeling, with Able Learner (from Races of Destiny) as one of my 1st-level feats -- the goal would be to work my way into the Chameleon PrC (also from Races of Destiny), if that's possible. If not, I can deal, though I may still go with the above selections and play around with the possibilities inherent in the character. If nothing else, it'd make for some good intrigue (assuming that's what you're shooting for -- the Chameleon PrC will take some time to attain, but I think it could make for some interesting possibilities if you're interested). In the meantime, I'll tinker with a 1st-level build and sketch out the possible 2nd-level in case you don't get your six.

Last edited:

Ion

Explorer
I think I'm interested too. What sort of post scheduel are you thinking? Is this just going to be a one shot adventure type thing, or are you planning something more ongoing?

I'll throw a couple of character ideas together tonight or tommorrow.

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Posting Schedule should be once a day for me, possibly more. For players no less than every two days is preferable. This is initially a one shot but is easily made into an ongoing campaign.

I like the idea of the Chameleon and have been wanting to see one in action myself for some time. I say go for it, this adventure should last long enough you can probably meet the prerequisites.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads