A Bloody Little Tale

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Farsis:
[sblock]As you speak to your fellows you notice a figure at the far edge of the forest some hundred yards away. It is difficult to tell its features for it is wrapped in a dark cloak of some sort. As your eyes strain to focus on the blot it seems to notice you, it draws back in a most unnatural manner vanishing into the thicket.[/sblock]

Diego, Rune, and Lorrikh:
[sblock]The forest here seems to grow unnaturally, it is as if the growth of the forest outward has halted, stopped by some outside force.[/sblock]

steelshark

First Post
[imagel]http://cddr.free.fr/jdr/baldur/pnjpj/images/eldoth.jpg[/imagel]
"The plan is to find a more comfortable place than just standing here waiting to be frozen over...if that's fine with everyone?" Diego takes back his backpack from Lorrikh and nods to him as a small gesture of thankfulness. He then keeps standing quietly on the spot for about a minute, not smiling, or talking as usually.

OOC: He manifests "detect psionics" hoping to find a reason why the forrest seems so "unnatural".

Ero Gaki

First Post
"I too think that we should relocate ourselves to a more hospitible environment. The cold is rather unpleasant, and something about our location troubles me." Rune glances nervously around, and brings the hood of his cloak further down his head, seeking warmth.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Relon

"Are you sure we should be turning back just yet?" he asked looking around the group. "Surely we are cold but are the 4 that are lost for days not colder?"

KikuNoMaru

First Post
Relon's words stirred in Bremen's head. There were 4 to be found, as was the job requested of this gathering, and Bremen had wanted to explore the woods of which so many bad rumors were abound, but being here was something different. It was if he could feel himself not only being watched, but studied as well. He found this thought most disconcerning of all, as he was used to passing mostly unnoticed and unseen.

Maybe we should find a nice warm hearth. He thought. Somewhere with a bit stew and some color other than white. He considered, regarding the snowcovered landscape and its skeleton like trees, devoid of foilage for a few more months.

"Maybe a hearth wouldn't hurt, just for a few hours. We could at least get to know each other a bit better and plan something - study the area? First rounds on me." He adds the last bit on, hoping it might prod some of the more sociable into a calculated retreat to a nice tavern.

Last edited:

Einan

First Post
Ulvan nods at Relon. "We must continue onward. Those who are lost need us and we owe it to them to free them from bondage. I say we go onward, to the quest." With that Ulvan shoulders his pack, pauses for a quick moment to mouth a prayer, and begins onward into the forest.

Azaar

Explorer
After making his own introduction, Farsis continues to look around. Near the forest... something... "It is more than just trees," he finally says. "Something else moves in this forest, and it is not natural." He looks around at the others. "Much as a warm tavern would be nice, the lost ones could use it all the more." Without another word, he starts off towards the forest. "Besides, I doubt the guild would be too impressed with us in a tavern from the moment we met. The fact that we would focus first on the mission would be far more impressive."

Remove ads