• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Bloody Little Tale

steelshark

First Post
Diego Delacosta
[size=-2]Human Telepath 1 stats[/size]
[imagel]http://cddr.free.fr/jdr/baldur/pnjpj/images/eldoth.jpg[/imagel]

At the sight of the corpse Diego wlaks into the building trying to help Ulvan finding out what killed the elf.

After that Diego stands back up again and looks around in the house for any signs of a fight or hint what could have killed the elf. He then turns to Lorrik. "I don't know where to start searching, but i surely know than none of us should go anywhere alone....not until we can be sure that the murderer is gone. While speaking, Diego looks around nervously and draws his dagger.

OOC: with [*sblock] and [*/sblock] but without the *'s

example: [*sblock] this is a spoiler [*/sblock]
[sblock] this is a spoiler [/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
Aristogoras checks around to see if anything in here has been disturbed or shows signs of a struggle then picks up the note Ulvan put aside and reads it.

"His body has the look of a supernatural attack to me with its flesh pale and drained like that. Whoever was following us might be the frightened villagers, or they may be undead that attacked this lone elf and did not attack us because of our numbers. I don't think it would be wise to split up at all."

Azaar

Explorer
For several moments, Farsis says nothing, looking quietly at the body. "Agreed," he finally says with a frown. "Splitting up would not be a wise decision on our parts. It would only make it easier for who... or what... has preyed upon this town to prey on us as well. Strength in numbers." He turns around, heading back for the doorway. "I'll keep watch here at the door. Another pair of eyes, perhaps, would be useful to have, if any of you are willing."

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Ulvan:
[sblock]Using what skill you have you determine that the wound was probably caused by his own scimitar based upon the shape of the wound and the angle. The time the man has been dead is difficult to determine based upon the withered flesh. Strangely the scimitar wound was not fatal. Relon is currently examining the scimitar.

(Heal: Take 20 to examine, 20 + 6 + 2 (Diego's Aid Another) = 28)[/sblock]

Relon:
[sblock]There is no blood upon the scimitar.[/sblock]

Lorrikh:
[sblock]When you begin searching for tracks you notice the only tracks you can see are your own as you move and even they seem to be fading from sight.[/sblock]

Bremen:
[sblock]The body looks to of died here, dropping almost where it stood. There seems to be a lack of any struggle, whatever took him to the Realm of Kaloren did it faster than anything you have ever seen. The fire seems to of been going for an hour, based upon the amount of ash, upon closer inspection you notice the fire is not consuming itself has quickly as normal although you have not had enough time to gauge how fast it is truly burning.

(Search: 14 + 6 = 20
Wisdom (using untrained survival): 12 + 2 = 14)[/sblock]

Rune:
[sblock]The very air here seems tainted with magic, the woods give off a faint aura, as does the corpse, the fire, and the scimitar. [/sblock]

Diego:
[sblock]You aid Ulvan in the determining the time of death, unfortunately it you are unable to accurately read time of death due to the withering of the flesh.

(Take 10 on Aid Another attempt for auto success. +2 to Ulvan's check)[/sblock]

Aristogoras:
[sblock]Carefully peeling the note open you notice it is written in blood, probably that of the elven man. It seems to of been written with his finger tip and it reads:

If a Tracker should find this know these things I
am the druid Yel the people have all vanished I
am all that remains and my time is limited
I warned them not to venture into the forest
they did not listen beware the forest it is tainted
by elder things I know not the intentions of the
watchers in the woods but they have not attacked
since I took up residence here beware the grey one
speak not in his presence and atack him not
save the people if you can if not then kill their bodies
for they are tain

The note continues for several more lines but blood has obscured them and made them unreadable.[/sblock]

Farsis:
[sblock]As you stand at watch you notice one of the black figures standing at the edge of the clearing. It is somewhat closer than before and less obscured by the forest itself but you know notice that it seems blurry and indistinct either by magic or its very nature. You can now see that it is clearly humanoid but the black cloak it wears and the bluriness keep you from seeing other features. It seems to know you are watching it but appears not to care if you notice it this at this point, it appears to be closely observing the actions of those within the cottage even though its line of sight would be blocked by yourself and the walls of the home.[/sblock]

Azaar

Explorer
Farsis frowns after several moments. "We're being watched," he murmurs quietly from the doorway. "One, by my count. Same as the flashes from earlier in the woods. And I think he knows that he's being seen, as if he wants to be seen. No effort to hide himself from view." A pause. "He seems very interested in watching us, too..."

Ero Gaki

First Post
Rune frowns. " There is magic all around us. The very air is thick with it. The woods give a faint aura, as do the body, the fire, and the scimitar... something is very wrong here." As he finishes, Rune places a hand near his spell component pouch, ready to pull the materials of magic if need be.

Einan

First Post
Ulvan begins to build a funeral pyre for the body. "If anyone'd care to help, I'd appreciate the aid. I don't know what killed the poor elf, but I think we ought to burn the body, just in case. We should also be ready for battle. I don't think whatever killed him has gone far." With this Ulvan loosens his sword and sets it beside him while he builds the pyre.

steelshark

First Post
Diego Delacosta
[size=-2]Human Telepath 1 stats[/size]
[imagel]http://cddr.free.fr/jdr/baldur/pnjpj/images/eldoth.jpg[/imagel]

"I'll help you" Diego replies to Ulvan. While helping building the pyre Diego turns to Rune "Say, is it possible that this whole village is just a big illusion ?? That would explain why everything is magical here"

Ero Gaki

First Post
Rune spreads in his hands as he answers Diego. "It is possible. This area could be cloaked with a 'Hallucinatory Terrain,' or the more potent 'Mirage Arcana' dweomer. If this is the case, I am afraid that it is far beyond my capabilities to dispel."

Remove ads