• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Bloody Little Tale

Voadam

Legend
"Burning the body sounds good. Everybody, the elf here wrote us a note in his own blood. It says:

If a Tracker should find this know these things I
am the druid Yel the people have all vanished I
am all that remains and my time is limited
I warned them not to venture into the forest
they did not listen beware the forest it is tainted
by elder things I know not the intentions of the
watchers in the woods but they have not attacked
since I took up residence here beware the grey one
speak not in his presence and atack him not
save the people if you can if not then kill their bodies
for they are tain

and then its just smeared blood. So if you see something gray, gray skinned, or gray robed, then shut up immediately and don't attack unless it attacks you."
"

Einan

First Post
Ulvan shudders slightly and touches his holy symbol. "Very well. Beware the grey one and silence. Agreed." He then continues his pyre.

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Farsis:
[sblock]After the cloaked thing has watched you for some time it seems to glide backwards into the thicket. You keep watching but notice no more of them moving to take its place.[/sblock]

Lorrikh:
[sblock]While looking for the disappearing tracks something peculiar comes to mind. You can't find the trail that led you here, its as if the forest itself swallowed it up to obscure it from you.
[/sblock]

Darkness has come unnaturally quickly, by your reckoning it should only be mid afternoon and yet the sun has already disappeared beyond the horizon. The pyre is nearly complete, it is small but the funerary rites are proper for the occasion. The forest is quiet, it seems that you are the only mortal beings within this realm.

Ion

Explorer
Lorrikh
[SIZE=-2]Half-Orc Fighter 1 stats[/SIZE]

[imagel]http://homepage.usask.ca/~rad764/dnd/lorrikh-avatar.jpg[/imagel]

As the day progresses at it's unnaturally quick rate, Lorrikh's scowl grows greater as he paces around the small town.

His fists shake with frustrated, targeted at his own stupidity.

"Whatever made me think I could be a damned Tracker?” he bellows, "I can't even find that cursed trail we walked into town on!"

"ARRG!"
he exclaims returning to the funeral pyre "We need to do something, this fire will tend itself."

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Relon Debaro

"I don't think we should use the scimitar, We don't know what's going on here, and it's not worth the risk."

Einan

First Post
Ulvan grimaces, obviously torn. "Perhaps it is best if we leave the scimitar with him, to mark his passing. Taking it might be helpful, but Relon makes a good point; it could be cursed or tainted in some way." Ulvan looks closely to the pyre, and pronounces it ready. "Diego, will you help me bring the body out to the fire?"

Azaar

Explorer
Farsis's frown deepens, and after a while he turns from the door. "The figure is gone, retreated back into the thicket where I originally saw it coming from. I would assume he's had enough entertainment watching us... or whatever he was doing." He glances at the pyre, and awaits the funerary rites, but remains by the doorway, still checking outside from time to time.

steelshark

First Post
Diego Delacosta
[size=-2]Human Telepath 1 stats[/size]
[imagel]http://cddr.free.fr/jdr/baldur/pnjpj/images/eldoth.jpg[/imagel]

Diego just nods silently in response to Ulvans question, then helps him to bring the body to the pyre. He then walks over to Lorrikh. "Come on. I'm quite sure it isn't your fault." Diego looks around a bit. "This village, this wood seems to be tainted, maybe even cursed. Did you notice how unnaturally dark it has become since we arrived here?"

Einan

First Post
Once the body is on the pyre, Ulvan bows his head for a moment, then raises his eyes to the body and pronounces, "May Drake guide this soul to its eternal reward. May the roads to heaven rise to meet his feet. May the paths be straight and sure. May the door to heaven open eagerly at his touch. May the gods forgive him his excesses and exalt his virtues. May he dwell in the house of the holy and may he always bask in the light. Speed his soul, oh Drake, and bless us who remain upon the earth. May it be."

Ulvan lowers his eyes, kisses his holy symbol and lights the pyre.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads