• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Bloody Little Tale

Lord Wyrm

First Post
The dragon continues to speak in its strange tongue. In the middle of its speech it coughs up several pints of blood over the course of perhaps fifty seconds and continues.

Farsis, Diego, Rune:
[sblock]"The villagers, the small ones, they did this. They shed their skins and came at me, I managed to return a few to their old forms before they overwhelmed me." The suffering creature begins its coughing fit which lasts for nearly a minute. "They left me like this, hoping my infection would spread throughout my form and overcome me as it has them."[/sblock]

Diego:
[sblock]I'm going to assume you get a twenty on that diplomacy (total 31), he is badly injured and couldn't attack if he wanted to. (Sidenote: Almost always)[/sblock]

Ero Gaki

First Post
Rune turns to those of the party that don't understand, and translates.

"The dragon says that the villagers did this to him. He stats that they shed their skins and attacked. He believes that they left him like this so that whatever infected them will spread through his system, and convert him to whatever they are."

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"Shed their skins? Like a snake? By the gods, what's going on around here."

Relon wisphers aside to Rune

[sblock]"Do you think it can be trusted?"[/sblock]

steelshark

First Post
Diego Delacosta
[size=-2]Human Telepath 1 stats[/size]
[imagel]http://cddr.free.fr/jdr/baldur/pnjpj/images/eldoth.jpg[/imagel]

Diego still talks to the dragon in Draconic.

Lord Wyrm, Farsis and Rune:
[sblock]Do you understand and speak the human tounge? I guess some of my friends here would like to talk to you as well. Also, you speak of an infection....can it be cured ? Can you tell us anything that would help us curing you and the villagers ?[/sblock]

Lord Wyrm:
[sblock]I hope it's okay to name the languages I am talking in.[/sblock]

Einan

First Post
Ulvan moves forward, sheathing his greatsword. "Can you tell it I'm just going to examine its wounds? I mean it no harm," Ulvan says as he moves forward, his arms outstretched to show he has no weapons.

(OOC: Ulvan will make a Heal check +6, and expend his Guidance 0 level spell in order to cast Cure Minor Wounds. He'll then watch to see if the spell did any good.)

Lord Wyrm

First Post
The dragon listens to Diego intently giving a strange glare at one of his remarks, it then continues its dialogue with Diego.

Diego, Farsis, Rune:
[sblock]When Diego asks the creature if it speaks the human tongue it looked at you as if you had hurt its pride. It begins slowly and it words quicken in pace, "I speak the human languages, I simply choose not to. I am without hope, my form is broken and the infection can not be reversed for a dragon, you humans however can be cured. Acts of good disrupt the infection and reverse it, it must be reversed while they have human shape however." [/sblock]

Noticing the approaching Ulvan the dragon lifts its head, seemingly saddened. It presents its wound and lets the young cleric lay his hands upon it. A light issues forth briefiy from the wound but the magics seem ineffective.

Ulvan:
[sblock]The wound seems too severe for your healing magics to staunch, your hands are bloodied when you touch the dragon and the warmth of it feels good in the cold. You could swear you hear a voice in your mind but it is faint and far removed if it does exist. (Heal isn't quite right for this, think of more magically inclined skills and work from there)[/sblock]

steelshark:
[sblock]Its fine with me, in fact its what I do when playing a game, although if you described how the language sounds it would help (Draconic is "fluid and gruff" or something similar). When DMing its easy to single out the players who speak a specific language so I do that.[/sblock]

Einan

First Post
Ulvan pulls back from the dragon, puzzled by the lack of healing. He studies the dragon's wounds, his face crunched in concentration. After a moment he prays, casting Detect Magic and studies what he finds on the dragon. (OOC: Spellcraft +2, has Ulvan seen or heard of anything like this before?)

Azaar

Explorer
Farsis frowns. "Strange... very strange. This may prove quite... problematic." He looks at the dragon, then at Ulvan. Then he begins to think to himself (( OOC: check my Knowledge (arcana) +4 and Knowledge (religion) +3, if you would -- if either of those will help to figure out any knowledge of a similar disease or attack )).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads