• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Bloody Little Tale

Azaar

Explorer
With a solemn expression, Farsis watches Aristogoras step up to deliver the blow, although he watches to see if anything happens.

KikuNoMaru

First Post
Bremen pipes up from his unnoticed position beside the others. "Could whatever infected the dragon be what killed the other person; A disease that saps your energy?"

Lord Wyrm

First Post
The dragon's lifeblood spreads upon the ground slowly, its eyes continue to show thought within them for several seconds before glazing over. The dragon's form slumps down and it gives a final breath before slipping away to the inky abyss. A great silence seems to descend over the forest, the only sound is your own breath, labored in the cold. Crunching snow begins to be heard nearby, the laughter of children accompanying it eerily. You see the forms of children within the thicket, they are dressed to lightly for this cold and their eyes sparkle in the dark.

Ero Gaki

First Post
Rune let's out a startled hiss as the children approach. "Beware!" he whispers to his companions. Seeing the strange sparkle in their eyes, his hand moves to his spell component pouch.

Einan

First Post
Ulvan draws his greatsword and circles to put himself between the children and one of the spellcasters. "Are these the ones that infected the dragon? Did he say anything of note about them?"

Azaar

Explorer
"Tentacles," replies Farsis grimly, turning around and watching warily. "The dragon said they had tentacles. What that means... I'm not sure, but I'll let you know the moment it hits me, if I can remember anything of my learning." A chaotic, swirling nimbus of eldritch energies envelops his hand. "Right now, I think we have more pressing matters to attend to."

(( OOC: Doubt my see the unseen invocation will pick up anything -- how I wish there were a way to research new invocations, because one with true seeing would be outstanding. Knowledge (arcana) +4 check, though, to see if I can piece together the clues from the dragon and figure out the puzzle. ))

Lord Wyrm

First Post
One of the children, a young male human of perhaps eleven, steps forward.
"Sirs, please help us." he says, his eyes pleading. "We are so cold and we are all very sick. Our mommies and daddies went into the woods and left us alone."

steelshark

First Post
Diego Delacosta
[size=-2]Human Telepath 1 stats[/size]
[imagel]http://cddr.free.fr/jdr/baldur/pnjpj/images/eldoth.jpg[/imagel]

Diego looks at the children suspiciously, knowing that they should be helped but at the same time fearing what they could be.

Lord Wyrm:
[sblock]OOC: Diego makes a Sense Motive +6 and a spot +4 to find out wheter these children are really children and if they are lying[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads