• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A business question

ioun_stone

First Post
How much would you be willing to pay for a pdf only book of quality
d20 material? Magic items, spells, monsters, adventures, etc. Each
book being about 32 pages, little to no art, and cahock full of
usable, quality stuff. Kind of a "no frills" game product. Would you
be interested, and how much would you pay?

kenobi65

First Post
Yeah, probably no more than a couple of dollars. $5 would be warranted only if it was exceptionally good, exceptionally useful content.

Also, what you're describing could be a pretty wide range of stuff...32 pages of magic items is going to be different from 32 pages of adventure.

ioun_stone

First Post
Thanks to everyone who's responded so far. I'm thinking about getting into the e-publishing game, and I'm wanting to produce good quality, useful material without a whole lot of extraneous art/fluff/etc. "BIG crunch, little fluff." is the motto here. Obviously content matters a lot. The more useful the material is, the more people will want it. Likewise, adventures will be of more use to some than just collections of monsters or magic items. The converse is true as well, though; I know many gamers who refuse to use printed adventures but will gobble up the latest spell compilation. This is all theoretical at this point anyway; its at least six months to a year until anything might come to fruition. Again, thanks for your replies, and hope that more will take note and we can open a dialogue here.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads