A Caravan to Ein Arris (recruiting closed)

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Kafkonia said:
One thing to give thought to, if you haven't done so already, is in what sort of capacity your PC is looking to hire on with the caravan -- guard, translater, teamster, cook, camp follower, healer, or anything else you might think appropriate.

I brainstormed a bit further on this. I'm not sure if you were looking for response or not, but thought I'd share amyways! ;)

1. Translator. Malinda does speak seven languages and has 'people skills'.
2. Wedding Stationary. I would imagine Prince Eiru's family is providing for a lot of the event of the wedding since it will be in Mashanda, but artistic invitations, letters, banners, name cards or anything else can be created with Malinda's skills. Being able to do that in a variety of scripts certainly couldn't hurt either.
3. Performance. Malinda would certainly be delighted to play at the wedding.
4. Tutor. If Halmaro's daughter needs any instruction on language, grace or manner, or historical perspective, Malinda would be Halmaro's woman. This probably wouldn't be something Malinda would actually suggest - for all she knows Kira is beyond her in these areas.
5. Scribe. Malinda would accept this role, somewhat grudgingly.

I was hoping we might be doing an interview or tryout, looking forward to it! :)

nonamazing

Explorer
I'm looking forward to this--it should be a fun game. I want to put a little bit more polish on Pasha--give him a bit more character detail. I'll do that this afternoon.

Kafknoia said:
One thing to give thought to, if you haven't done so already, is in what sort of capacity your PC is looking to hire on with the caravan -- guard, translater, teamster, cook, camp follower, healer, or anything else you might think appropriate.

I've got two ideas. Pick which one you like (or tell me that you don't like either, and I'll come up with more).

Here's my initial thought: this massive caravan will be crossing through a lot of very sparsely inhabited areas on its way, and in many of those places there's no way to resupply other than dealing with the goblin traders that travel through those areas. Pasha was brought on as someone who could help deal with the goblins, securing good rates for supplies and other necessacary goods (because, as you know, it takes a goblin to get a good deal from a goblin).

Here's my secondary idea: Pasha has access to something special that the caravan needs, and he's offered Halmaro a good deal in exchange for being allowed to join. I was thinking that perhaps Pasha has a supply of some rare white flowers from the farthest part of the desert, some extremely beautiful flowers that would be in high demand for a grand wedding such as this. Alternatively, Pasha's special goods could be some form of rare silk, or even some unusual gemstone. I'm happy to tie up part of Pasha's starting money on this, if you'd like.

Remove ads