"A Christmas Story" sequel set in 1970s coming to HBO Max

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Saw this announced today:

It will include 4 original cast members, plus Peter Billingsley returning as an adult Ralphie. A Christmas Story is such a classic; I don't know if they can catch lightning in a bottle again, but I will probably give it a watch when it comes out (probably close to next Christmas).

GreyLord

Legend
I don't know about this.

There are some things that are perfect as they are.

Retromaking a sequel with MUCH older actors doesn't seem to be a great idea and normally doesn't add anything to the original when made years later. Plus...they already made a sequel (and a sequel to that as well I think) which...are not fabulous...

Could turn out well...but not holding my breath for it.

aco175

Legend
There are no original ideas.

I'll watch right after Creed 3/ Rocky 28, Legally Blond 3, and Hocus Pocus 2 - all of which are coming out this year.

éxypnos

Explorer
Saw this announced today:

It will include 4 original cast members, plus Peter Billingsley returning as an adult Ralphie. A Christmas Story is such a classic; I don't know if they can catch lightning in a bottle again, but I will probably give it a watch when it comes out (probably close to next Christmas).
Meh, all of the "70"s" shows made after the 70's sucked except for Freeks & Geeks set in late 70's. I don't hold out hope they'll capture the feel

There was already a sequel ... 1994's "My Summer Story." Plus there was a really bad "Ac Christmas Story 2" from circa 2014.
Both predated by the made for TV Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss, which also involves the same family and hence is in the "Shepardverse".

And it seems that even A Christmas Story itself was proceeded by a couple of made-for-PBS movies about teenage Ralphie, the first of which was also remade into an unaired series pilot.

Remove ads