A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

When the group gets back to the camp, Charlarn busies himself with healing the wounded (how should I handle this?)
Xael said:
"Those two would have been so dead if we could've hurt them."
Charlarn looks bemused, "You could say that for most things, but I get your point."

Manzanita said:
"I can prepare magic weapon spells, myself, at the expense of other offensive spells. My spell lasts 4 minutes. I'll probably prepare one of those. Charlarn, you can do a couple too, eh?"
"I can ask the Lady for up to three of those prayers. Mine only last as long as this song." Charlarn plays a tune on his panpipes lasting three minutes. "I'd prefer to prepare two and also prepare a prayer that encourages me and nearby friends (bless). One of my more powerful prayers calls forth a shield of pure energy that can smash those I choose (spiritual weapon). I can also summon a celestial beetle that can blast my enemies. Should I take an active role in attacking these gargoyles? In my previous groups, I have been called upon to fight. With three doughty warriors here, am I still needed to take up arms?"

Cleric Spells Prepared (4/3+1/2+1: save DC 13 + level):
0-detect magic, guidance, light, mending;
1-bless, magic weapon (x2), sanctuary*;
2-shield other*, spiritual weapon, summon monster II.
*Domain spell.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Sara will see how much better she feels by morning (and is even willing to rest quietly for the night) before she uses up more of the wacks from the heal stick. (er, the hit points she gains from leveling? added on after she heal up to her former limit, added in to the 2 she has now or added to her potential total so she still has 2? :confused: )

She is shocked and hurt by Iggy's suggestion that she switch weapons. "Weren't you listening to me, Ig? I just made a breakthrough with this style, I'm not missing my chance to try it out! Anyway, those things hit back, and I can protect myself better with two swords!" (ooc: forgot that the two weapon defense goes up when fighting defensively too) "No way, you guys can just enchant one if you want, and I'll use the other for defense, but I'm not putting my babies in the corner now!" She sulks a little, but cheers up enough to do a little sword dance to Charlan's jig.

(once she has decided that "doughty" doesn't mean she looks fat...)"Well, there's a few of us can hit things, but you're the only one that can fix us when we get hit back... So I'd rather you had the wand in your hand than a weapon, but maybe thats selfish."

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
You may add in the new hit points to BOTH your maximum AND to your current.

For example: If you are at 35 of 120 hit points and you gain 10 on levelling then you are at 45 of 130 hit points. (Was that your question, too, Steve?)

Don't use any actions which would require time past dawn tomorrow for now, and post once your character is aproved for your new level. I believe everyone but Charlarn will level up, let me know if I've got this wrong.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Iggy's been approved. I spoke too soon, about my 'enlarge spell' feat. I haven't used it yet, and hadn't read the description for awhile. It can't be used on Color Spray.

IC: Iggy sighs and smiles. "Yes, Sara, I figured you'd want to stay with your current swords. Just an idea. I do like your new style. Very dangerous looking. I wouldn't want to be a gargoyle meeting you! In any case, on reflection, I can't really make my color spray cone any larger. I'll prepare two magic weapon spells. Perhaps I'll have the chance to enchant both your blades, Sara."

Gargoyle battle Spells(4+1 div/3+1 int+1 div/2+1int+1div): ray of frost(x2), light, acid splash, color spray, magic weapon(x2), true strike, magic missile, detect thoughts, scorching ray(x3)

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC: Zack will be at 15 out of 19 HP in the morning. Charlarn should probably use at least all his orisons to heal Sara closer to full on the original fight's day.

Steve Jung

Explorer

Patlin said:
(Was that your question, too, Steve?)

Don't use any actions which would require time past dawn tomorrow for now, and post once your character is aproved for your new level. I believe everyone but Charlarn will level up, let me know if I've got this wrong.
OOC: I was asking if I need to roll for healing and mark off spells/wand charges or hand-wave. And he doesn't gain a level yet.

Edited post

Charlarn heals Sara with 2 cure light wounds (spontaneously cast in place of bless and magic weapon, healing a total of 15 hp; disregard the last roll because I forgot I already cast detect evil during the fight). Then he heals her twice with the wand for 12 hp.

He heals himself twice with the wand for 9 hp.

Finally he heals Ducane once with the wand for 9 hp.

Totals:
Healed Sara 27 hp
Healed Charlarn 9 hp
Healed Ducane 9 hp
Used 5 charges from the wand.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I see everyone is aproved for their new level. Figuring out exactly what state everyone is in otherwise, this is what I come up with. Let me know if you disagree.

Total Damage v. Healing
Charlarn 12 damage, 9 healing: 3 damage
Sara 29 damage, 27 healing: 2 damage remaining
Ducane 6 damage, fully healed
Iggy (Not damaged)
Zack 6 damage

PLUS: Natural Healing (possibly doubled by a heal check) of 1 hp/level for 8 hours rest.

Only Zack remains injured, with either 4 damage or 2 depending on heal check.

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC: Doesn't Charlarn still have all of his Orisons for the last day? With those, Zack could be brought to full operative condition.

Steve Jung

Explorer

Once he heals the more seriously injured, Charlarn tends to Zack. "Accept the blessings of Phyrah." OOC: spontaneously casts 4 cure minor wounds in place of his 4 orisons. I forgot Zack had taken damage.

"We'll all feel better once we get a night's sleep. Then we're going back to the gargoyle lair, right?"

OOC: I'll be away for Thanksgiving, so I probably won't be online until Monday. Sorry.

Patlin

Explorer
Steve Jung said:
OOC: I'll be away for Thanksgiving, so I probably won't be online until Monday. Sorry.

I like seeing games progress as much as anyone, but please don't feel the need to apologize in order to enjoy the holiday. :)

Everyone is fully healed the next morning based on Charlarn's efforts, and 5 charges from the wand were used. Casters have had time to choose and memorize their spells. As you get up and begin moving about the compound, the old hunter aproaches you again.

"I've been looking through the attic, and I found something that..."

He's interrupted by an angry cry from overhead.

Initiatives everyone!

Remove ads