• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Couple New Demons

Tetsuyama

First Post
Crazy DM idea...

Since a Sorgoth (in its intended role) isn't likely to be a random encounter, the DM could roll the summoning check beforehand and only stat out the dragon that the Sorgoth summons. It might be good to roll twice and stat out both if intending to have the Sorgoth summon another one, which could also summon a dragon.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Excellent monsters. I especially like the flavor text. Okay, and the pics, too.

It's after the holidays--time for more.

:bump:

gavagai

First Post
first off, I also really like the creatures. and the pictures. and I'm looking forward to this. I do prefer some streamlining, for example:

sdavis75 said:
The second, more horrifying, breath weapon is a cone of damnation (as the epic spell, caster level 20)

Have same caster level for all magical effects / spell like abilities...

sdavis75 said:
Spell-Like Abilities: Always active–see invisibility; at will–alter self (no duration limit),

keep something like "alter self" without the "no duration limit" - especially since they can recast it at will anyway. Just small points, but helps keeping the monster handable.

Looking at the fluff about infiltrating the prime, I would also think they can cast mind blank 1/ day, or at least nondetection, detect scrying et al. Take out a meteor swarm or two instead, maybe?

sdavis75

First Post
gavagai said:
first off, I also really like the creatures. and the pictures. and I'm looking forward to this. I do prefer some streamlining, for example:

Have same caster level for all magical effects / spell like abilities...

keep something like "alter self" without the "no duration limit" - especially since they can recast it at will anyway. Just small points, but helps keeping the monster handable.

Looking at the fluff about infiltrating the prime, I would also think they can cast mind blank 1/ day, or at least nondetection, detect scrying et al. Take out a meteor swarm or two instead, maybe?

Good advice! Thank you.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads