• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A couple of Star Wars Questions

Navar

Explorer
My Group is starting to run a star wars campaign and I was wondering a couple of thing.

First we are starting at 4th level and I was wondering what kind of starting credits should a 4th level character have. I can't seem to find it in the core rule book.

The second question is one of the players wants to play a member of the same race jedi master than(sp) is from the golden age of the jedi. He wants to be an ECL +3 and have +10 Str, -6 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Wis and be a large creature with 2 hit dice. I am not very familiar with this race, but it is from the WEG golden age book apparently. Now the DM has OKed this with the player, but I think that it will hurt play balance as he will dominate hand to hand combat. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with a 3e conversion for this race that was ECL +0.

My last question is about droids. Were there astromechs around during this era, and would the generic R2 stats from the Core rules be a good start for someone who wants to own a droid? Assuming that is the kind of droid they want.

Henry

Autoexreginated
First we are starting at 4th level and I was wondering what kind of starting credits should a 4th level character have. I can't seem to find it in the core rule book.

The second question is one of the players wants to play a member of the same race jedi master than(sp) is from the golden age of the jedi. He wants to be an ECL +3 and have +10 Str, -6 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Wis and be a large creature with 2 hit dice. I am not very familiar with this race, but it is from the WEG golden age book apparently. Now the DM has OKed this with the player, but I think that it will hurt play balance as he will dominate hand to hand combat. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with a 3e conversion for this race that was ECL +0.

My last question is about droids. Were there astromechs around during this era, and would the generic R2 stats from the Core rules be a good start for someone who wants to own a droid? Assuming that is the kind of droid they want.

First, the DM needs to decide this, since there are no hard rules on starting at higher than first level. I would just assume 3 X starting funds, since there are no magic items to buy like in D&D, and not a lot to spend money on.

Second, This ECL +3 race DOES NOT START with any hit dice. If your group has the Forgotten Realms campaign setting, this is fully explained. He only gets the hit dice from the first level of his character class. As he gains class levels, he gains hit dice. Your DM ought to be able to work out a comparable ECL+0 version of this.

Droids were around, but if you are talking about Tales of the Jedi, and not Rise of the Empire era, you are not talking about R2 units. Start from the R2 Template, and work downward about 3 skill ranks on all skills and lower any hit dice by one level, in my opinion.

Good luck with your campaign and with your DM, and I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:

Forlorn

First Post
You know, being a large creature with +10 str -6 dex +4 con and +2 wis isnt quite as over balanced as you might think. Sure, if he manages to close on something he will tear it up, but pretty much any jedi do that anyway. Lightsabers just do so much damage down the road that the bonus from str wont be to bad. What will hurt this guy though is that -6 to dex. He is going to be at least to get eaten up with such a low dex. Plus, he will only be a first level jedi, so he cant use his lightsaber effectively for all of your first game level and his blaster shots should be so far off shot its not even funny.

Your GM is probably just planning to throw alot of ranged combat at this guy and watch him get eaten alive.

While the rest of you will have somewhere are 30 vp hell probably have about 12-14. With a low ac he will be blaster fodder, I say let him and watch him get eaten alive.

One thing we have found in our SW game is that stats arent as important as they are in DnD.

hong

WotC's bitch
Navar said:

I think you have the concept of ECL mixed up. ECL +3 doesn't mean he gets 3 extra HD right from the start. It means _everyone else_ gets to start with 3 extra levels, to balance out his advantages. Since you guys are going to be 4th level, it means he only starts as a 1st level character, which should even things out somewhat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads