• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A D&D 5e Viking Adventure: 5/1, 2 pm Eastern, Roll20

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
fimbulvetrsplash.jpg

Grimfjord. North can go no farther.

It is the third year with no summer and the snow comes from all directions. The skalds and runepriests tell us that in this age, "There will be innumerable wars. Ties of blood will no longer be respected. Next-of-kin will lie together. And brother will kill brother." It is the eve of Ragnarok, when it is said the white wyrm, Fimbulvetr, will devour the last people in the world and usher in an age of endless night.

Here in the meadhall of Jarl Osvald, who withers an old man upon his high seat, we sup on the last of our meager provisions, sure that there will be no tomorrow. We raise our horns to the honored dead, fortunate to have died in the kin-wars long before this night. The jarl's son, Tor, rallies warriors who will support his succession. Helga, sole daughter of Osvald, twin sister of Tor - and lover to both - allies with others to buttress her claim.

Brother will kill brother this night. And Fimbulvetr is coming.

A sudden and rare spot in my schedule has cleared up enough for me to run a one-shot adventure for a pick-up group. This Friday, 5/1, 2 pm Eastern, I would like to run my viking-themed scenario, Fimbulvetr, in D&D 5e for four players. I've run this before in D&D 4e and now I've converted it to the new edition. Although I don't think it will take that long, I'm blocking out 4 hours to play it from start to finish.

This is an 8th-level scenario to be played on Roll20. Pre-generated characters have been created and are ready to go:

• Bjorn Half-Ork, half-orc barbarian
  • Ragna Wolfsbane, human ranger
  • Gunther Runepriest, dwarf cleric
  • Ingrid Darkelf, drow sorcerer

Ideal players will be somewhat experienced with D&D 5e and Roll20 and be an active participant in these forums. If possible, I would like to have one of those players be savvy enough with technology to broadcast the game to YouTube so others can watch or view it after the fact. Everyone should have a headset/microphone for voice chat and a PHB for reference. As well, all players should have a good attitude and be ready to tell an epic story of vikingesque warriors on the last night before Ragnarok. Will you earn your way into Valhalla through your deeds or be cursed to walk the earth as draugr during the long night?

If you're interested in playing or helping in some way, please let it be known.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
One spot remains for this exciting viking adventure! Will you take up your sword and carve a path to Valhalla?

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
One player had to drop and our alternate can't start until 30 minutes after the scheduled start time. If you're able to join us at 2 pm Eastern, let me know and you can have the spot! The character is a drow sorcerer, already created and in Roll20. All you need do is show up and have an awesome time!

Remove ads