• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Detailed City?

fimp

First Post
I would like to buy a city with maps and so on, but i cant find any. :(
I dont want an entirely new campaign setting like Windhaven, just a city to my own campaign.

Can you recommend one?

Adlon

Mortality.net
Easy enough.

Freeport: City of Adventure

Bluffside: City on the Edge

Both EXCELLENT city books, with maps. And loaded with good content.

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
Penumbra is coming out with 'Seven Cities' "soon" as well.

This is not one detailed city but should be a good amoung on seven differen locales.

More than likely it will be of use as seven cities to visit but not to pick one for an entire campaign.

There's also a goblin city book out from Mongoose.

I personally have neither of these, but will likely get them in time. I've got bluffside on order but won't have it for about a week.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Bluffside and Freeport are very universal and can be dropped into any game setting. Both are really about equal in content but I lean more to Bluffside.

Geanavue is set in Kingdon of Kalamar, it is a LG city, very detailed. Could be used with minor work to fit ito any game setting.

I think there are reviews up on them.

Last edited:

Holy Bovine

First Post
ALthough designed for the Scarred Lands campaign setting the two city books Mithril and Hallowfaust are excellent. Mithril is the home of the 'good guys' paladins and clerics of the LG and NG dirties of the SL. But it does have its own problems in that it is pretty far away from any of its allies and the areas around the city are more or less wild country. Great detail on the city itself (and I think it wouldn't be too hard to change some names to whatever LG and NG gods fit your campaign).

Hallowfaust is a city of necromancers. But not like you have ever seen before. These necromancers, while fascinated by death and the undead, use their powers to strengthen their vity and ensure the safety of their populace. I would descibe them as True Neutral bordering on LN. The city book is very detailed with lots of flavour and interesting locales throughout the city. In addition it has some new spells and monsters the necromancers have developed. I think this one could be placed in any campaign setting that wanted a different take on necromancers.

Crothian

First Post
There's the Sanctuary city box set frokm THieves World. Of course it has been out of print for around ten years, so might be hard to come by.

Both Freeport and Bluffside are excellent products.

fimp

First Post
Gee, these are very expensive! :eek::rolleyes:
Is that really necessary just for one single city?

But, i guess it is. :eek: I think ill go with Bluffside since its the cheapest and doesnt belong to a campaign setting. I was planning on using it in Forgotten Realms.

Or maybe Seven Cities, but since it isnt out yet...

fimp said:
Gee, these are very expensive! :eek::rolleyes:
Is that really necessary just for one single city?

Should be this week that Stormhaven, a city sourcebook book I wrote for Mongoose, hits the shelf.

Inside:

57 locations
2 cities in 1
Lots of NPCs
Lots of Adventure Hooks
Maps (including, I believe, sample floor plans for buildings)

Price: around 15$

check out reviews at www.gamewyrd.com and www.dmshaven.freeservers.com If these links are dead, there are links from thursday's ENnews page.

Patrick Y.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads