• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Druid Vampire

Diamond Cross

Banned
Banned
So would you allow for a vampire that can still retain its Druidic abilities?

My basic idea is for an 18th level druid that was turned into a vampire. But the twist is this Vampire is a demigod who is searching for a way to become human again. So because of the sire being an actual demigod, the new vampire is able to retain their Druid class abilities.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
In 3e, this is entirely possible. Vampires retain class abilities (and can continue to gain class levels). NE is even an allowed alignment for druids. I don't see any problems there at all.

frankthedm

First Post
So would you allow for a vampire that can still retain its Druidic abilities?

My basic idea is for an 18th level druid that was turned into a vampire. But the twist is this Vampire is a demigod who is searching for a way to become human again. So because of the sire being an actual demigod, the new vampire is able to retain their Druid class abilities.

In 3e, this is entirely possible. Vampires retain class abilities (and can continue to gain class levels). NE is even an allowed alignment for druids. I don't see any problems there at all.
Depends on one's views on the revere nature angle. No loner being part of the natural world and hiding from the sun seem like dealbreakers to me.

Ex-Druids
A druid who ceases to revere nature, changes to a prohibited alignment, or teaches the Druidic language to a nondruid loses all spells and druid abilities (including her animal companion, but not including weapon, armor, and shield proficiencies). She cannot thereafter gain levels as a druid until she atones (see the atonement spell description).

Jor-El

First Post
Depends on one views the revere nature angle. No loner being part of the natural world and hiding from the sun seem like dealbreakers to me.

Ex-Druids
A druid who ceases to revere nature, changes to a prohibited alignment, or teaches the Druidic language to a nondruid loses all spells and druid abilities (including her animal companion, but not including weapon, armor, and shield proficiencies). She cannot thereafter gain levels as a druid until she atones (see the atonement spell description).

But night-time and the moon are a big part of nature too. Likewise the darker side of nature. Predator-prey, life-death. That sort of thing.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Depends on one's views on the revere nature angle. No loner being part of the natural world and hiding from the sun seem like dealbreakers to me.

Dude, the dwarves have druids who live all their lives in underground ecosystems, never seeing the sun.

Neutral Evil is an allowed alignment for druids - that implies allowance for a much darker view of nature than sunbunny treehuggers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads