• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[A&E Guide] Blindfold of True Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugger

Explorer
In the Arms and Equipment Guide there is an item called the Blindfold of True Darkness.

It grants the wearer 60 ft Blindsight, but they are otherwise blind (and therefor immune to gaze attacks and other visual effects)

And it only costs 9000gp.

Thats a wee 1000gp or so more expensive than Goggles of Night (which grant 60 ft Darkvision)

Has anyone ripped into this things cost? It seems like it should be WAY more expensive....

-Rugger
"I Lurk!"

kreynolds

First Post
Rugger said:
Has anyone ripped into this things cost? It seems like it should be WAY more expensive....

You can't see colors or details. You can't read, so no activating scrolls. You don't know who's standing in front of you, or anywhere, for that matter. A guy with a ranged weapon will tear into your butt from more than 60 feet away. 9,000 sounds about right to me. :)

kreynolds

First Post
Darklone said:
Would you rule the spell blindsight that way?

I haven't seen the one in Savage Species yet, but the one in Magic of Faerun isn't based off of sound specifically. Its based off of vibration. As a warning, though it might be tempting to apply real world physics to sound and vibration, don't. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads