• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A farewell to DDM News

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
It's been quite a while (read: months) since I've been updating my D&D Miniatures News Site, but it's time to make official what you've all known for some time: I'm no longer in the DDM news game. Indeed, I haven't bought any new D&D Miniatures for over a year. No longer having a FLGS does that, along with having enough minis for most of my purposes.

I've given Blackguard (the current host of the site) permission to do what he wants with the site, so you may find it still evolving into some form or other over the coming months. I wish him the very best of luck with it.

I'd also like to give a special thank you to Jim Goings, the one-time webmaster of 3rdedition.org, who provided hosting for the site during its glory days.

It was a wonderful time. That Mike Donais and Rob Heinsoo spent so much time on the Wizards boards before DDM was released allowed me to gain enthusiasm about the game and provided the spur to creating a site for hosting their comments, and eventually to what became the site to go for D&D Miniatures News.

In later years, the official Wizards site and other websites run by people even more dedicated than me have taken over the load, for which I'm grateful; I don't feel that there's going to be that much of a hole.

To all of you who have contributed or used my site: thank you. It was a hell of a ride.

Cheers!

PatEllis15

First Post
Thanks for all your time with DDM Merric. It was really your pumping it up, then your news site that got me interested, and then addicted to those little plastic dolls we all love!

You'll be missed at MaxMinis/Hordelings, but I know I'll still be seeing you post here...

Pat E

diaglo

Adventurer
:w00f: mang.
i haven't bought any minis since feb 07 too.

heck, i haven't bought any Wotc products since then.

diaglo said:
:w00f: mang.
i haven't bought any minis since feb 07 too.

heck, i haven't bought any Wotc products since then.

I knew it. You two screwed up their bottom line so bad they had to release a new edition that was even more mini-centric.

Although I never got into DDM, I did find the site helpful in acquiring singles. Belated thanks for that, Merric.

diaglo

Adventurer
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
I knew it. You two screwed up their bottom line so bad they had to release a new edition that was even more mini-centric.

Although I never got into DDM, I did find the site helpful in acquiring singles. Belated thanks for that, Merric.
:D

with the extra money it helped pay for trips to London, Gen Con, and Florida. as well as redo my roof, water heater, furnace, and install 25 new windows in my house.

edit: i also bought 2 original pieces of artwork from Claudio Pozas

Last edited:

MintMMs

First Post
Merric, for a while there I would hit your site every day. (if not several times a day)

Thanks for all the hard work and effort you put in to it. It is very much appreciated!

Remove ads