A few thoughts/questions regarding Heroes of the Fallen Lands

ObsidianCrane

First Post
Actually, Heavy Blade Expertise (and all of the other expertise feats) give you additional benefits with the selected weapon groups beyond the bonus to hit -- that is why you would want to take them instead of Versatile Expertise.

All of the expertise feats now give feat bonuses to attack -- that is how stacking of expertise feats is prevented.

Note that Versatile Expertise is not in this book, but I am using it as a benchmark for comparison for the new expertise feats.
Yeah that's what I said...

Master at Arms is an expertise feat for all weapons -- so if you use more than one type of weapon but no implements, you would want to take this feat instead of Versatile Expertise.
I'd love to see the exact text for Master At Arms as this conflicts with reports elsewhere as to what it does. (And I will not see the books until the 21st possibly)

scylis

First Post
Yeah that's what I said...

I'd love to see the exact text for Master At Arms as this conflicts with reports elsewhere as to what it does. (And I will not see the books until the 21st possibly)
That's exactly what it does.

Well, technically that's not true. It gives the usual Expertise bonuses "to the attack rolls of weapon attacks" and allows you to use a minor action to sheath a weapon and then draw a weapon.

Remove ads