• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Five Foot Vorpal Sword vs A Ten Foot Neck

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
The diagonal cut tv trope doesn't even mention Shinobi (PS2), the game I was thinking of when I said that. The entire game's combat system revolves around you trying to slash through hordes of enemies in quick succession so that you can do a cool pose or sword sheathe with a few badass words before all the enemies simultaneously fall apart with perfectly clean diagonal cuts.
[sblock]You have a vampiric sword that drains your life if you don't constantly feed it others' lives; executing that animation, called "Tate," completely satiates its bloodthirst for a short while and makes progressing through the level much less difficult.[/sblock]

EDIT: Failed a spot check.

Dausuul

Legend
I just measured a normal-sized mini against the neck of my Colossal Red Dragon. The neck appears to be about 6 feet thick at the narrowest point. So, it would take at most a double slash from a vorpal sword, for the biggest dragon in the game. All my other minis would be easily vorpable with one cut.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Yes! Magical weapon versus magical creature means something *mAgicaL* must happen!

That said, however, on a failed Reflex roll the PC takes 20d6 damage when the head falls on him.

I am in awe for your tenacity to write 'magical' like that. I want to put it in my sig to have it forever.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I am in awe for your tenacity to write 'magical' like that. I want to put it in my sig to have it forever.
*mAgicaL* <--- Testing

Holy Bovine, if you switch the editor mode (Uppermost right button that has a down arrow and an "A") you can copy and paste the colors without having to format each letter.

A more detailed process:

• Highlight the colorful text.
  • Hold down the buttons "CTRL" and "C" at the same time (or copy any way you know how).
  • Go to edit your signature.
  • Switch the Editor Mode
  • Hold down the buttons "CTRL" and "V" at the same time (or paste another way).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads