A Foolish Riddle Game (Play for Prizes)

Well, Ancient Awakenings Publications has joined the EN-World Gamestore! To celebrate this, we are going to give away copies of our products!

But you have to EARN them!

Oh, c'mon! It'll be fun! Trust me!

All you have to is figure out the riddles below. All 15 of them follow a theme.

Rules:
You can only try to answer a given riddle ONCE.
You can only try and guess the theme once as well, and for it to count, must have answered at least one of the riddles.

Prizes are handed out for the FIRST correct answer posted in the correct format. Answers by others after the first time the riddle is answered do not count for a prize.

All answers must be in the format: #- Answer
If the number is not listed or is wrong with the answer, the next correct answer in the correct format will be taken as the correct one.

NOTE: You can answer differant riddles with differant posts to help make sure you answered first!
DON'T add more to your post, or I'll have to assume all of the answers were entered during the last edit. Enter a new post​

Prizes:
In exchange for one correct answer: The praise of your fellows for being of sharp wit!
In exchange for two correct answers: One copy of either Modern Fantasy: Rangers and Druids, Modern Fantasy: Paladins and Priests, The Complete Fool's Catalog: Inane Items, or Gatekeepers: Lords of the Gateways.
In exchange for five correct answers: One copy of either Dryden: Hero or Horror or The Valley of Frozen Tears.​

If you answer the theme correctly with at least one other answer, then you also get one copy of any product you like from AAP publishing!

If you answer more than five, you may choose more prizes.

And now for the riddles!
How do you solve them? Well, let me know when you find out!

1- (opening in a fence, unwise idiot) (staple food from flour)
Answered by: Tinner

2- (PB) (nothing slang, enthusiastic vigor and liveliness)

3- (thin continuous mark, group of cattle) (worn runners for water travel, tech geek)
Answered by: Pielorinho

4- (possessive we) (archaic song/tune, dawn to dusk) (part of a whole)

5- (shoot casually at random targets) (empty/lacking/invalid)

6- (life energy, slang for run-down car) (attempt/effort, gullible or provincial)
Answered by: Mark Hope

7- (belief/principles/opinions, formicidae) (not obscured, most widely used of all solvents) (increase the speed of a motor, morally bad/wrong)

8- (far downward/in, dull/steady pain) (state of emotion)
Answered by: DragonTurtle

9- (deep black, straight line of objects) (greater than average height)

10- (Clotho/Lachesis/Atropos) (bite/chew) (to secure with rope or anchor)

11- (pointed tool for making holes, freeze) (old hotel) (part of a dollar)
Answered by: jdrakeh

12- (cloth container, to move at high speed/rush) (boyfriend, affirmative reply)

13- (apoidea, pig pen) (floating location markers)

14- (steeped drink) (second word of Hamlet's question, narrative stories)

15- (dull and uninteresting/nonsense talk,freshwater fish dermatitis) (unhappy, one of the two sure in life)

Let the games BEGIN!

(If any moderators feel this needs to be moved to another forum, please feel free. I just didn't know what this counts as, and erred on the side of allowing the most people to play...)

Last edited:

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
If I said Lynard Skynard, would I be on the right track?

Okay, so my guesses will all go in this post, if that's all right, in a spoiler box.

3: Line heard Ski nerd=Lynard Skynard.
7 Creed ants Clear Water Rev Evil=Clearance Clearwater Revival
9 Jet row Tall=Jethro Tull
13: Bee sty Buoys=Beastie Boys
14: Tea Be Tales=The Beatles
Theme=Bands. I may need to be more specific on this one; let me know if i do!
That's five, so I'll stop here. Great game!
Daniel

Last edited:

Tinner

First Post
[sblock]1- Gate, Fool, Bread = Grateful Dead

2- Lead, Zip, Elan = Led Zepplin

3- Line, herd, Ski, Nerd = Lynyrd Skynyrd

5- Plink, Void = Pink Floyd

7- Creed, Ants, Clear, Water, Rev, Evil = Creedance Clearwater Revival

9- Jet, Row, Tall = Jethro Tull

10- Fate, Gnaw, Moor = Faith No More

13- Bee, Sty, Buoys = Beastie Boys

14- Tea, Be, Tales = The Beatles[/sblock]

[sblock] The theme has got to be band names, right?[/sblock]

Pielorinho said:
If I said Lynard Skynard, would I be on the right track?

Okay, so my guesses will all go in this post, if that's all right, in a spoiler box.

That's five, so I'll stop here. Great game!
Daniel

Very good! And the spoiler tags are a good idea for people who want to try to beat them without help!

You have won two prizes from the list. Your picks?

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Aw man, that's funny. For #6, I was really trying to find the band Solomon Try-hick, but I just couldn't make it work.

As for my prizes, I'm kinda thinking as a mod I shouldn't participate in that aspect of it; would it be okay if I donated my prizes to the next person down?

Daniel

Pielorinho said:
Aw man, that's funny. For #6, I was really trying to find the band Solomon Try-hick, but I just couldn't make it work.

As for my prizes, I'm kinda thinking as a mod I shouldn't participate in that aspect of it; would it be okay if I donated my prizes to the next person down?

Daniel

Moderator or not, you didn't have access to the answers. You figured them out fair and square.

Mind you, if I don't have any items you want for now, then you can choose who gets the prizes, but they're yours until you pick a replacement.

Remove ads