• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A friendly challenge to 3.x DMs not sure about 4e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Najo

First Post
Whether you dislike or like, love or hate 4e, is all fine with me. I just want to make sure that you give 4e a fair chance. I have a fun challenge for those 3.x DMs who are not sure about 4e but willing to try this.

1) Take a 3.x adventure/ module you've ran before and are familiar with.

2) Just swap out the monsters for the closest thing in the MM. Swap out the treasure following the rules for treasure parcels in the DMG.

3) Assign xp rewards to each encounter.

4) Have the players make appropriate level 4e characters for the module.

Use the quick start rules from KOTS if needed to get rolling fast. Even faster use a level 1 module with swaps and pre built characters plus quick start rules.

Run at least 4 encounters. Then post your experience both good and bad if you like here. Give a little review if you want.

Have fun, and I look forward to your experiences. Let's keep the thread positive and free of edition wars type posts.

Thanks

Nate

Last edited:

Najo said:
2) Just swap out the monsters for the closest thing in the MM. Swap out the treasure following the rules for treasure parcels in the DMG.

As someone who likes 4E, I have to say, depending on your definition of "the closest thing" this could get incredibly fatal incredibly fast. I can think of some low-level 3E adventures involving Drow, for example...

Or adventures with large packs of wolves at level 1. Ouch.

Twowolves

Explorer
Yeah, give it a fair and honest try, by spending money on it and threby NOT voting with your wallet. In other words, try it out by buying it!

redcard

First Post
How about this:

Just buy Keep on the Shadowfell and give it a run. I mean, seriously, how much money have you spent on splatbooks and the like? It IS standalone. Run that, with the pregens, and see what you think.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

We've asked people to hold off on the edition wars. As of this point, everyone is supposed to let people who don't like one or another edition to live and let live. So please, just leave everyone alone about their edition choices. That includes bugging them about they may have come to those choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads