• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Game of Thrones - Defenders of the Vale

Ibram Gaunt

First Post
The Yard...

Rhin smiles thinly after recieving the blow and brings his sword back to en garde. Rycen begins circling cautiously as his adjusts his shield.

This time Rhin points his sword at Rycen jiggling the tip up and down, left and right while moving catlike in and out of Rycen's reach. Thinking he has an opening Rycen lunges forward powerfully swinging the longsword in a wide arc aimed at Rhin's ankles but with a flash of steel Rhin deftly parries the strike guiding Rycen's sword into the dirt.

In a spectacular jump, Rhin spins in mid-air as Rycen's momentum carries him past, the Braavosi blade making a dull thump on the back of Rycen's head.

The two separate with the knight shaking his head furiously to clear his thoughts.

OOC: Critical strike by Rhin, critical fumble by Rycen on the defense roll

Munin

First Post
Rycen

Rycen takes a step back and adjusts his cocked half-helm, which now tilts down over his eyes making him look like some eager boy playing dress-up in the yard.
"That was some manuever friend," he says with a chuckle. "I'll be feelin' that one in the mornin'."

He checks the tip of his sword as he steps back into the engagement, frowning slightly at the fresh, new chink at the tip.

Ibram Gaunt

First Post
In the yard...

This time not wanting to be caught off guard Rycen moves first and quickly, holding his shield close and ducking as he moves in, Rhin tries to position his sword away from him to intercept. At that moment Rycen's shield swings outward with blinding speed forcing Rhin's parry away from his body. This opens up his middle which Rycen takes advantage of to strike a flat blow to Rhin's ribcage.

Rhin however refuses to miss a beat, pivoting on his toes to bring his blade in for a quick slap on Rycen's upper sword arm.

Both back away again as sweat begins to bead on each foe's brow.

Bleak Knight

First Post
Jasper

"Are you really a giant? Like them monsters from beyond the Wall?"
Jasper struggled to hide his reaction to his brother's question, and did his utmost to suppress his urge to speak up. He is five-and-ten, and almost a man grown. This one he sorts out himself. Still, he was prepared for anything. Northmen were quick to laugh, but also quick to anger. He hoped this one leaned more towards the former. Jasper had no desire to skewer their new maester, especially not the day before his father came home.

Ibram Gaunt

First Post
The Yard...

With both combatants begining to tire they both lauch an attack almost simultaneously but Rhin gets off the mark just a split hair before Rycen.

Rhin's jabbing strike flashes behind the flailing shield of Rycen only at the last possible instant the Braavosi bladetip is shoved into the ground between Rycen's feet with a parry from out of nowhere.

Rhin tries to back off but Rycen moves inside Rhin's guard before he can disengage. Blocking any parry attempt with his shield, the longsword crashes broadsided into Rhin's upper thigh with an audible smack ending the duel.

dave_o

Explorer
Rhin, The Yard

The Braavosi smiles slightly, rubbing at his thigh gently. "A good spar, yes?" He sheathes his sword with a deft flourish, giving Ser Rycen a small bow after their match. I can learn much from this one -- he is a Westerosi who can handle a blade. Running a hand through his hair, Rhin turns, glancing across the skyline of the Redfort.

He turns back to Ser Rycen, crossing his arms. "Hm, to where do you head now?"

Munin

First Post
Rycen

He slaps Rhin hard on the shoulder after returning the bow, "Well done, well done! I pray we never face one another on the field. Your skill with that blade is impressive indeed, it could have easily gone the other way. Perhaps we should have a rematch one day soon!"

Rycen follows Rhin's eyes as they consider Redfort. "You know, I can't say that I know. I've never been here as a Ser before. I could use a bath, to start with, followed by a meal. And you?"

dave_o

Explorer
Rhin, The Yard

Rhin slowly closes his eyes for a moment, inhaling deeply. It is something that water dancers do when they are thinking -- sometimes, the air tastes like the answer they seek. Rhin smells sweat, and cool steel: good smells, and comforting. After a brief moment he opens his eyes, dark, wooden eyes.

"We are honored guests, yes? And I am ever appreciative of both bath and food." The Braavosi smiles, dimples blossoming subtly at the corners of his dusky mouth. He gestures with a slender arm toward Redfort proper. "Let us go, then, and find our lordlings, a bath, a bite of food, and perhaps some of the ladies of the house that we may impress them with our words and deeds."

Rhin begins slinking away from the yard. And to figure out how you beat me, Ser.

OOC: Really you can have us head anywhere Ibram. Rhin just heads to the great hall, I suppose, but he could very well take a meandering route that leads him and Ser Rycen by other PCs.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads