• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Ghost Wilder

kayn99

First Post
So I a working on some interesting encounters for the party and some bad guys to be running foes. I like the ghost wilder combo and I was wondering how would you make the Elude Touch ability work. Would this only work on the Ethereal Plane? Would it work if they manifested ? I am thinking No on the manifesting idea but would like to see peoples' opinions on it.

Thank you in advance,

Kayn

the Jester

Legend
I'd say it always works; why wouldn't it? It isn't a bonus conferred by armor or natural armor.

Think of it being like a dodge bonus from the Dodge feat.

kayn99

First Post
When a ghost manifests, it gets its Chr bonus as a deflection bonus to AC. It just seems odd that he would get the CHR as deflection and bonus against touch attacks. It seems like they are the same bonus just being called different things.

In addition the ghost has its Deflection bonus and Dex to AC when it manifests. This would be the same AC as its touch attack AC. In the Elude Touch description it says that the touch AC can never surpass the AC against normal attacks. So does this ability not work for the ghost since that touch AC when manifesting is the same as the AC against normal attacks?

Kayn

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
kayn99 said:
In the Elude Touch description it says that the touch AC can never surpass the AC against normal attacks. So does this ability not work for the ghost since that touch AC when manifesting is the same as the AC against normal attacks?
I believe that is correct. (Unless it is wearing ghost touch armor or something like that)

Remove ads