• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A gift for all of you Planescape fans

BiggusGeekus@Work

Community Supporter
Now, this is cool!

AE_AugAstral1_y9sa.jpg

it's actually a map-o-the-week from june 2002
La perdita del tutto che sia well: A village sits clustered on the face of a long-deceased goddess. A small castle looms behind the few buildings that are here, and a hot air balloon floats lazily above the ground anchored near the houses. The castle was built ages ago and has housed many inhabitants through the ages. Its rooms are decorated in a a rich but eccentric hodge-podge of different decors from different eras and locales. The first houses were built when a group of adventurers landed and decided to make this odd place their home. Some tunnels beneath the surface are used to store expensive or precious supplies.
62002_map1_hjsf.jpg

simmo

First Post
In the Astral plane there is no gravity (or time and space, but let's not get in to that :)). However, some of the bodies of dead gods have gravity that affects anyone coming close to it. Perhaps this is why they use a balloon, to overcome the gravity produced by body of the dead god.

It's an interesting article and I'd love to see more things written about the Astral plane. My only criticism is that it read a little like: 'this is a place where some adventurers retired and they chose the Astral instead of FR'. :(

Simmo

Magic Slim

First Post
BOZ said:
can i ask what this is, for those of us whose workplace blocks access to the wotc site? :)

Its a big stone head with a little hamlet on top of it. There's also a hot-air balloon of some sort anchored to the neck.

Slim, helping the visually impaired.

Remove ads