A Good WW2 Shooter

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Umm...Wolfenstein? You get to shoot Hitler. :)

RtCW was great fun online, don't know what the server situation is nowadays. Do people still play it?

But yeah, CoD and MoH are what I'd recommend too.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Wolfenstein was kinda fun - if Dad likes a little zombie mixed in with his WW2, that could work as well. The multiplayer was better than the single player campaign, though.

rob_nz

First Post
DonTadow said:
A few months ago I caught my dad in one of his secret obessions. Playing a WW2 shooter game over the internet. It was a farely old shooter with little graphics and I believe it was shareware. I want to get him something a bit more upgraded for christmas but FPS are a genre of games I really don't keep track of.

I am looking for a game that is fairely simple as far as controls, not too bloody (blood's ok but i my dad probably doesnt want to see entrails), and fun. Any suggestions?

Hi DonTadow,
I don't know if it's on PC, but I've had a lot of fun recently with Brothers in Arms, Road to Hill 30 on my friend's X-Box.

It's a D-day scenario with several missions and you can split-screen (on the X-box anyow) and play Germans v Americans multiplayer. The US Fire Team rocks!

I like it because although you are 1st person, you have a squad to back you up as well.

Edit: There does seem to be a PC version- there are several editions with new scenarios.

With a game controller, it's very simple.

I have a Logitec usb one that I picked up fairly cheaply last time I was in the states.

Last edited:

Remove ads