A Keep On The Borderlands: Arrival

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata does a double-take. "Screams? You heard screams? Well that's that then. We're definitely getting a look. What do we need to do next?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: For information, Sh'aah noticed to dwarves on each of the curtain walls, patrolling, plus the one outside their door on the ground floor of the northern tower. There are torches burning in the southern tower, no other dwarves visible in the courtyard or buildings.

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Sh'aah paused for a few moments, trying to put into words a series of actions that he would've happily acted on by himself without further thought. The overall effect, to outsiders, was an appearance of staring at Arcata, mouth slightly open.

"We go out window. With rope. Is stunty outside door. More on wall. Then down. Maybe with rope. Stairs better."

jkason

First Post
Bastian sighed. "No point putting on my armor, then," he offers. "If I wasn't too heavy for the rope, all the clanking would have the dwarves on us before we made it halfway down.

"And no, you aren't going without me,"
he said pre-emptively to Arcata. "Honestly, I'm not sure how excited I am about you trying your hand at repelling in general, but it's clear that discussions already over."

[sblock=ooc]He doesn't have ranks in it, but without his armor, Bastian has a +4 climb, so he's relatively solid given their level. [/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
Brother Comoray heads back to where he had been sleeping to stow his shield and grab his scabbard. He laments that he will lack any protection but that of his blade, but stealth is the object here and the heavy shield would hinder that. Sliding his sword into the scabbard he slings it across his back and returns to the company of his fellow conspirators; but not before checking the windows along the way to figure out which may offer the best way out of the tower.

Shayuri

First Post
"I haven't tried climbing down rope much before," Arcata admits, though without the healthy dose of fear Bastian might like to see. "It might be a good skill to work at, if this sort of thing keeps up. But don't worry, I wouldn't think of leaving you out. In fact, if any of us go, all of us probably should. Anyone left behind could be taken hostage if anything truly bad is going on."

Her face falls a bit as she thinks things through more.

"That said...I'm not sure this is the right way to go about doing this. I feel something's off here, but...suppose that cave is just their dungeon, and the noises the sounds ordinary prisoners are making? This is the sort of thing we can't just glibly pass off. If you're right, and this is evidence of foul play, then all's well. But if you're wrong, we will have just alienated a potentially powerful ally, who can connect us to an even more powerful one still."

Now all serious, Arcata meets Sh'aah's eyes intently. "So it's not in any way me questioning your abilities when I ask you if you're sure, Sh'aah. A great deal is riding on what we do next."

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Sh'aah nodded. Then shrugged. "I go then. Sh'aah is not you." He picked up the rope from where it had been dropped, and moved toward a bed close to the window with the intent of tying a loop around it. As long as it was heavy enough.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Sh'aah secures the rope and quickly provides an exit down the side of the tower, into the courtyard below.

"The half-breed's right, m'lady," says Cassie. "Maybe you should leave the sneaking around in the dark to him. Pity we didn't bring Tye, he's good at that sort of thing too."

OOC: For those that wish to climb down, any attempt to Take10 with Climb will likely succeed, unless you have a hefty Str penalty.

Kaodi

Hero
Brother Comoray follows Sh'aah out the window, taking extra care to be as stealthy as he may. Skulking around is definitely not his strong suit, but it would be remiss to leave the half-orc alone against an unknown enemy. And should he be discovered at least his faith gives him some plausible deniability. In any case he takes his sneaking queues from the experienced half-orc.

jkason

First Post
Bastian hesitates. His concern as the priest and the ranger begin to shimmy down the rope is clear, but as he looks back to his liege, it's equally clear he's not about to leave her alone.

"Perhaps this is the best course," he whispers. "Hopefully the brother can keep the two of them patched up in the case of trouble, and you can stay here more or less politically clear just in case.

"But if we are staying, I'm getting my armor back on. If Sh'aah and Cormoray wind up in trouble, I don't think stealth is going to be a worry, and I'd rather have some metal between me and the world if things are about to go South."

[sblock=ooc]If Arcata decides to go down, Bastian will keep off his armor and accompany her (depending on how much she weighs, she may be able to just hang on his shoulders so they can avoid her STR penalty and just take 10, but I'm not sure).

If she stays, he'll put his armor on while they await the others' return.[/sblock]

Remove ads