• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Kingdom of Ashes (Zombies! Pirates! Giant Lizards! Intrigue!) UPDATED 07/01/05!!

The_Universe

First Post
And in the past we see our future...

Chapter 1:

The City of Sacrifice

And at the last bend in the River of Blood, the Bluestar—servant of Death—was felled and imprisoned by Th. Apecto—servant of Life. As the Last Priest of Aon, First Priest of the Light’s heart beat its last, he struck down the Deathlord, sending his dark, twisted, soulless spirit back to his northern stronghold.

But death has no claim to the already dead. Already, the foul Lichlord was reborn, ready to continue his conquest of the lands that had once been his home. He made ready to return to the field, to harvest the body of the fallen Bishop.

But this time, the Kingdom was ready. Even as the Bluestar’s legions pressed southward, the King’s men had begun construction a great golden wall. Concieved by Quarion of the Fortresslands, the Deathward was constructed, laced with magic of Oberon’s devising. Nothing without a soul could pass through its gates, or over the shining golden crenels of the wall.

The Bluestar was trapped in an unliving Hell of his own making. His army, leaderless, soon found defeat in the ruined city that the living now call Thanesport, for the hero’s great sacrifice. Some few surrendered, others crossed the wall to dwell in exile with their trapped chief. But a great many were killed, as well.

Now, we try to rebuild what we have lost, ever watchful of the walls of the north’s prison tomb. The unquiet dead are quiet once more, and we have earned peace, at last.

Long live the heroes of the War of the Damned. Long live Maelwys, Falcon King.

--a page, preserved from the journal of Lord Corran Araesi, Baron Destron.

Last edited:

El_Dudereno

First Post
Good Job Kennon, I am glad that I have SOME influence on you in the D&D world, considering I never do any time else...but Good Story Hour, you know what would be better? MORE! hop to it! I command it! Good Story stuff...I am looking forward to hearing about Krosport...

Laurel

First Post
:D It may be wise to listen to the commands of your readers Universe...:]
Patience... what is patience! Greatness-what do you mean it takes time for greatness!

On the other side, I have to say each of these has been worth the wait :D

Last edited:

threshel

First Post
OK. Since I'm not going to get to meet you guys at the gameday, here's a little BUMP for ya.
BUMP=HINT BRICK
More, please?
:)
J

The_Universe

First Post
Sorry gang. Hit a little bit of a creative block, but I think I can get things back on track. Had some inspiration last night in the car on the way back from Gen Con. Hopefully, I'll get you the next part sometime soon. :)

I am VERY sorry about the wait. Hopefully, today will let me do some writing. :)

Remove ads